Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is it a Fri night match next week or what?

Originally posted by ugg
    For them to get Friday night and hence us Saturday night we want them to lose. Go Penrith!!!
    Come on Panthers! Damn - have to wait till tomorrow to find out.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by ugg
    For them to get Friday night and hence us Saturday night we want them to lose. Go Penrith!!!
    But if they lose and finish 5th, meaning no home final, then we still may get Friday night. So lets just hope that whatever results eventuate, they finish 4th! A 1ptCowboys win over the Storm tonight would do just fine, meaning the Tigers could lose tomorrow and if it was by less than 40 they'd still finish 4th.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So cheer for the Cowboys too! (but hope they don't win by over 47 points). Or cheer for the Tigers and the Dragons. Or if the Dragons lose, that the combined losing margin and the Tigers winning margin is not more than 20 points. Simple really.

Veteran Site Admin
    This is ridiculous. Why does the NFL get to determine the scheduling? I can accept being bumped by the Bledisloe but not by a league game.

Why can't NRL be played Saturday arvo or Sunday? We have already had a Friday final. It's now our turn for Saturday.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

The Bad news guys is that Manly are thrashing Canberra at the moment which means Penrith cant make the Finals.. They will have nothing to play for which means the Tigers will probably win finish 3rd and play on Saturday Night.

How about a double header on the Saturday night we could show the league people what an exciting game looks like

Actually, even though Penrith now can't make the play-offs they do still have a few players leaving the club at the end of the season so they still might not go down without a fight.

Since we're talking about NRL - Go Dragons

I sure hope justice is served and we get the Saturday final because having a day less than the elimination final to recover, it might not seem like a huge deal but when it includes flying back from Perth, etc it does count.

Personally I hope it's Saturday arvo so then the NRL one is Saturday night and both parties are happy. Granted the staff would have to do a change of ground within 4 hrs, but they've had practice after the Bledisloe/Lions match
    Last edited by gossipcom; 3rd September 2005 at 10:07 PM.

Originally posted by liz
    This is ridiculous. Why does the NFL get to determine the scheduling? I can accept being bumped by the Bledisloe but not by a league game.
    The NRL are adamant the games must be played in the order 4v5 (Fri night), 3v6 (Sat afternoon), 2v7 (Sat night), 1v8 (Sun afternoon) because of the fact that results may influence whether other games are "live".

So, if we want a Sat night final, we have to hope the Tigers lose to the Panthers as a win will move them to 3rd at worst. For them to drop to 5th they would have to lose by over 40 points.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

It's always a tradition with the NRL to have the double header on the Saturday night though - this time around though the matches would be played outside TS if Tigers lose and Dragons win.

I want a damn Tigers lose and a Dragons win tomorrow so I can be at TS, abeit a nervous wreck watching the Swannies while the Dragons are playing the Sharks at WIN at the same time.

Because I don't want to be home for both matches, or I'll be like I was last night just throwing things at the tv screen and commenting every five secs on RWO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12