Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is it a Fri night match next week or what?

So is it a Fri night match next week or what?

That's what ABC is saying
    I hope not!

I wont be able to even watch it live on telly if that's the case, let alone get to the match.

You would think that the matches would be played on Sat and Sun.

Crap.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Realistically, the loser of Adel v Stk should play the winner of Kangaroos v Port on Saturday afternoon, and we would play Geelong on the Saturday night.

Further to that, I am a supporter of both prelim finals being played on the Saturday. That way no-one gets an extra day's rest after the second week of the finals. (Except the preliminary finalists who get the week off, of course)

If Dean Laidley can get an extra day's rest for the Roos after finishing 5th, we should get an extra day too, recognizing that we've not only finished 3rd, but faced a tough trip to Subiaco the previous week. Roos should get onto this before they announce next week's draw, if he hasn't already.
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 3rd September 2005 at 06:19 PM.

Originally posted by sydfan83
    Realistically, the loser of Adel v Stk should play the winner of Kangaroos v Port on Saturday afternoon, and we would play Geelong on the Saturday night.

If Dean Laidley can get an extra day's rest for the Roos after finishing 5th, we should get an extra day too, recognizing that we've not only finished 3rd, but faced a tough trip to Subiaco the previous week. Roos should get onto this before they announce next week's draw, if he hasn't already.
    damn right!
    Roosy = LEGEND

On the AFL site they have the loser of QF2 playing on Sat night.

It would be a @@@@@@fight trying to get to a Fri night match in Sydney wherever it was held.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

At the moment, it is still to be decided depending on availability of Telstra Stadium which is based upon where the Wests Tigers finish in the NRL. So we won't know until tomorrow evening by the looks of things.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

The league match only determines the venue not the night, it's the night I'm worried about!

If it's Sat - I can go!

Originally posted by Dave
    The league match only determines the venue not the night, it's the night I'm worried about!

If it's Sat - I can go!
    It determines the night - the venue has been confirmed as Telstra Stadium.

If the Tigers finish 4th, they will play their game on Fri night, if they finish 2nd or 3rd, they will play on Sat.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries

If it's Sat - I can go!
    Please not Friday. We have the PeeWee soccer "grand final" and presentation on Sat morning. There is no way that can be avoided.

Originally posted by Mike_B
    It determines the night - the venue has been confirmed as Telstra Stadium.

Where has it been confirmed?

Where has it been confirmed?
    Both AFL semi-finals could be played on a Saturday next week but Sydney's semi-final clash will definitely be at Telstra Stadium and not at the SCG.

However AFL spokesman Patrick Keane confirmed on Saturday the Swans' semi-final against either Geelong or Melbourne would be at Telstra Stadium although the scheduling of the match will not be announced until Sunday until the AFL knows what day the ground - which will also host NRL finals next week - is available.
    Full article

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Right. So do we need Wests to win or lose for them to get the Fri night and us Sat?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For them to get Friday night and hence us Saturday night we want them to lose. Go Penrith!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast