Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look like it's Fri night at the SCG

So, Aub? Watch it Friday night in GC.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Originally posted by BonBon
    So, Aub? Watch it Friday night in GC.
    I'll be getting to the Coast in time to catch a ferry across to Great Keppel island. No time for the footy.

Originally posted by Mike_B
    Aub, lesson for the future - no trips to the Gold Coast in September!!!
    I'll be sure to take one for the team next year. Except..Schoolies..

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood

And I'm going to the Gold Coast friday morning!
    They can jetison you out in a parachute at the 50 minute mark of your flight to Coolangatta. Then you can hitch frm there to Sydney for the game.

If you take holidays in September, what do you seriously expect mate?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List
    It's an 8.00 pm start, so gives us some breathing space to get there after work. Saturday night wasn't going to suit so I'm glad we got the Friday.....as much as I can see it doesn't suit others. A jam packed SCG will generate a terrific atmosphere and we should be able to lift the boys over the line.
    Damn those umpires over at Subi, my prediction of a Swans v Saints G/F just can't happen now.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

On the Rookie List
    Quote:
    If you take holidays in September, what do you seriously expect mate?

JF

Exactly,thats why my holidays to Queensland are booked for Oct 4,so there is no dramas there for me
    The Future is Bright,The Future is Red And White.

SXP
    I won't be going either. Can't get that day off. Oh, well, 'll be there in spirit.

I'm not anti-Homebush (it's a pretty good venue for AFL), but the atmosphere at the SCG is going to be freakin' unbelievable.

No-one could ever forget where the 96 prelim final was played- and even the 98 QF v Adelaide (apparently the last final played there) had a monster atmosphere.

This decision sucks because it means that I wont be able to sit with a number of friends who arent members but who have been to quite a few games with me this year.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the wing
    Seriuosly considering comong over. where is a good place to stay?

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by cruiser
    This decision sucks because it means that I wont be able to sit with a number of friends who arent members but who have been to quite a few games with me this year.
    is this right?

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflfocus&spg=ticketing

Tickets will be sold on a one ticket per membership/season ticket basis. There will be a maximum of eight (8) tickets per transaction.
    so as a member with one (1) ticket for my one (1) membership i can get one (1) ticket and one (1) ticket only? my partner (whom i've groomed to being interested in a membership next year), my father who lives in the hunter valley and whose father played for geelong, my partner's father and our friends can all sit elsewhere.

perhaps i have misunderstood. the chances are that the nice folks at fish records in newtown won't be aware of any restrictions either (last year they thought the queue was for joe cocker or something) and all will be sweet.

however, if this does turn out to be the case i will not be renewing my membership next year as it has turned out to be almost useless to me when things have got interesting.

i mean, which is the better way to attract future members: current members recruiting people who are almost on the cusp of being keen for big events or fashion-driven bandwagoneers after a quick thrill of vicarious participation.

yes i've been drinking.

You really hang tough don't you

Originally posted by timthefish
    so as a member with one (1) ticket for my one (1) membership i can get one (1) ticket and one (1) ticket only? my partner (whom i've groomed to being interested in a membership next year), my father who lives in the hunter valley and whose father played for geelong, my partner's father and our friends can all sit elsewhere.
    OK, so you can buy 4+ tickets and so can every member, and then we'll fill the SCG with 80 000+. Why should all your extras get preference over paid up members?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast