Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda PF

St Kilda PF

Looks like it will be either Friday night or Saturday night, if we get through this week, I hope this eventuates.

If it were on the Saturday Arvo, I couldn't go so I am happy

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...772527061.html

It makes sense to have the PF at the MCG on Sat night. It would allow a team heading back to Adelaide from Perth (should they win) a more equal amount of recovery time, plus Ch 10 would be able to do a continuous coverage of the two finals - 4:30 (EST) start for the Eagles game and then cross to the G for the Saints game.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I read that article as saying that Sat arvo and Sat night finals are likely. I hope its Sat arvo as I have already booked flights.

This on Fox though: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23211,00.html

I just wish that the AFL would make these decisions before the finals, which would be more considerate towards fans trying to organise themselves for away finals.
    Last edited by cruiser; 7th September 2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    ********!!

I was hoping for a Super Sat, because our company is closing its doors on the Friday and we are having a big party.

Oh well... I guess I will have to leave early... even if I am the boss.

Priorities

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by cruiser
    I just wish that the AFL would make these decisions before the finals, which would be more considerate towards fans trying to organise themselves for away finals.
    The timing of the finals is dependent on the results of other finals. However, this is only relevant until the first week of finals has been played. After the first week, it should be possible to determine the time for all remaining finals, because the venues and likely matchups for each final would all be known.

Here's my guess:
    Swans play Geelong on Friday night, winner meets St Kilda in Melbourne. This preliminary final would be the logical choice for the earlier final. This final would have to be played Friday night or Saturday afternoon. I guess Friday night to ensure good television ratings.

Adelaide play Port Adelaide on Saturday night, winner meets West Coast in Perth. This final should be played later. My guess is this final would be Saturday night for the television ratings. It cannot be played on Sunday because this would give the winner of this final only a 6-day break before the Grand Final.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    Adelaide play Port Adelaide on Saturday night, winner meets West Coast in Perth. This final should be played later. My guess is this final would be Saturday night for the television ratings. It cannot be played on Sunday because this would give the winner of this final only a 6-day break before the Grand Final.
    But further to the notion that the AFL may can a Sat night PF, we can also deduce that they will play Sat day. This in turn means we will play Fri night.

Well it's posted on various sites on the net that the following will happen with the PFs

Friday - St Kilda vs winner of Sydney/Geelong
    Sat Arvo - Weagles vs winner of Adelaide/Port Adelaide

8 Sept 2004... so who's booked their flights to Adelaide...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by gossipcom
    Well it's posted on various sites on the net that the following will happen with the PFs

Friday - St Kilda vs winner of Sydney/Geelong
    Where exactly?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Living in 2005

Blog Entries
    Confirmed

The AFL confirmed on Wednesday that the Saints' preliminary final against the winner of Friday night's semi-final between Sydney and Geelong at the SCG will be played at the MCG next Friday night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast