Thread: Friday Night Games Better?

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar

Friday Night Games Better?

Are Friday Night games better for the players to mentally and physically recouperate, or worse??

I would think they would prefer to play Friday night, as long as they had a sufficient full week preparation as well. My reasoning:

1. They get a full weekend with family and friends to "get over" the emotion of the game. This makes the weekend probably feel more like a "real" weekend like "normal" people get (yes I know lots of us do shift-work these days, but you get my drift).
    2. Rock up on Monday fully focussed on the "new" week ahead. By then, two days of "getting over it", win or loss, would have cleared the head.

What do you think? Is it better to rock up on Monday with most of the aches and pains fading, and all of the emotion in check again? Or is it better to rock up sore but with that days work honed by a disappointing loss or a satisfying victory the day before?

Better because we will have a slightly longer break if we make the GF.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Better because we will have a slightly longer break if we make the GF.
    You're slipping.

Are you talking about just finals or the H&A season as well?

I think Fri night games suck (well in Sydney anyway). If this game was on Sat night I would be going.

Aside from that, I would much rather have time to actually get to the match.

I don't really think that it makes much difference to the players. Footy has always been a weekend thing.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by Dave
    Are you talking about just finals or the H&A season as well?

I don't really think that it makes much difference to the players. Footy has always been a weekend thing.
    Any time.

But your second answer was what I was after.