Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading this year

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    We should target Jarryd Roughead for a trade. Not because of his super potential as a backman/forward but because he is the missing link to having the most players in a team with a differently spelt same pronounced first name.

Jarred Moore
    Jared Crouch
    Jarrad Mcveigh
    Jarrad Sundqvist
    Jarryd Roughead??
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Is there a Jarrod?

Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    We should target Jarryd Roughead for a trade.
    You think he would really fit into such a "really, really... really, rediculously good looking"** team as ours? Did you not hear about his Gospel Award?^^

** Ah, yet another 'Zoolander' quote...

^^ No disrespect to Mr Roughead or his family is intended.
    Last edited by Tuesday; 13th September 2005 at 02:49 AM.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

what about james bartel? could he be the type of player that we're looking for in the midfield? i havent seen much of him but everyone seems to rate him and he's young

a trade would be tough but maybe buchanan and a 1st rounder.
    buchanan is from down there right? but in saying that, i would be disappointed to lose buchy as he's been excellent this yr and he's one of me favourites
    Roosy = LEGEND

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    Jarred Moore
    Jared Crouch
    Jarrad Mcveigh
    Jarrad Sundqvist
    Jarryd Roughead??
    Only 'Jared' is spelt correctly.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by punter257
    what about james bartel? could he be the type of player that we're looking for in the midfield? i havent seen much of him but everyone seems to rate him and he's young

a trade would be tough but maybe buchanan and a 1st rounder.
    buchanan is from down there right? but in saying that, i would be disappointed to lose buchy as he's been excellent this yr and he's one of me favourites
    Bartel is a good player but I tend to think that he's a bit over-rated. I'd be happy to have him but I think that guys like Kelly & Corey are better players.

Buchanan & a 1st rounder would be too expensive but it's probably what the Cats would want. I would probably have taken that offer last year but Buchanan has probably been as good as Bartel this season.

Originally posted by Sean
    Bartel is a good player but I tend to think that he's a bit over-rated. I'd be happy to have him but I think that guys like Kelly & Corey are better players.

Buchanan & a 1st rounder would be too expensive but it's probably what the Cats would want. I would probably have taken that offer last year but Buchanan has probably been as good as Bartel this season.
    yeah we think that buchy and a 1st rounder would be too expensive and cats fans would be saying that its not enough. thats why trading is a bastard alright

maybe saddo and 2 picks?
    Roosy = LEGEND

I see Jonathan Hay is up for trade . . . could he be the extra big defender we've been looking for?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by chammond
    I see Jonathan Hay is up for trade . . . could he be the extra big defender we've been looking for?
    Can't kick!!

he's 26 which is a good age but more injury prone that doyle

if that exists of course..............
    Roosy = LEGEND

On the Rookie List

Re: Trading this year

Originally posted by DST
    Just so we don't get to carried away this year with talk of trading players for draft picks etc, I would like to inform the board of a conversation I had with Kevin Sheahan last week at a lunch I attended.

For those not aware who Kevin Sheahan is, he is the AFL Junior Development Officer and the most authoritive figure on junior talent in Australia.

Kevin left me in no doubt that this years draft will be one of the most thinist he has seen in the last 10 years.

He also commented that the current batch of Under 16's Australia wide was the best in recent memory and that next years draft was going to be a bottler.

He suggested that many clubs would only delist the minimum and in alot of cases would re draft their delistings.

So based on the above can't see us trading for picks or players this year.

DST
    James Hird was supposedly thin at Number 79 or something like that when he was drafted by the Bombouts. The only reason Essendon evetually drafted the champ with there 6th pick overall was because Hird's grandfather said there would be recriminations if he wasn't drafted......

I'm not inferring that Sheehan was wrong, I am simply stating that some players develop later or don't fit the so-called mould of the athletic, 190cm, 85kg modern day footballer. There is a Greg Williams, Sam Mitchell and James Hird type waiting in every draft.....
    Well somebody told me, You had a boyfriend, Who looks like a girlfriend,That I had in February of last year, It's not confidential, I've got potential

Somebody told me, The Killers, Hot Fuss, 2004.

Originally posted by ScottH
    Can't kick!!
    Dunkley.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast