Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Plan?

Veterans List

Game Plan?

Last night I pulled up the tape of the R11 win over the Saints last year. It was stunning how open the game was - and how we spanked them. How do you reckon Roos and GT will want to play it this week.

Cressa - want to lend your old team some help this week? How would you play it?

I reckon they'll miss Hamill's hardness a lot. Is it true that SEN this morning said that Willo is out? Time to step up Adam or Jude (or someone other than Bucky, the Captain and Nicky D).

Veterans List
    I posted this earlier today. I'd be interested to see how various posters here see our most likely game plan?

Based on the last couple of weeks, if St Kilda tackle hard and flood back to prevent marks and set shots at goal we will struggle. We need effective tackling, clean hands and quick movement of the ball into our forward 50 to get the ball away successfully from the inevitable stoppages. Duh I would like to see our boys attempt to be first to the ball more often than hanging back and tackling the instant their opponent picks up.

Veterans List
    Watching that game from 2004 I thought the same Cow. Though everyone on BigFooty wouldn't believe it, the Swans are definitely looking more fragile in a one-on-one game. I think the Saints will try to play it like the Eagles as it suits their style - and that may be the option that gives us our best chance.

Paul Roos and I have played 356 games between us, so my input is not based on experience. I would like to see us play an open game as we played in the latter part of the home and away. This seemed to work and we kicked some good scores against good teams. I am sure the coaching staff will come up with a game plan suitable for the occasion. I hope we can win with style but will take a win under any style of game.

We need to be more attacking. We've had just 77 Inside 50s in the past two weeks and we've struggled to kick goals.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    We need to be more attacking. We've had just 77 Inside 50s in the past two weeks and we've struggled to kick goals.
    As useful as "kick more goals". How do you think we might enter the 50 more often? It's not like we haven't been trying to get in there.

The plan is to win. I don't care what happens, as long as we win.

Pushing for Selection
    i have spoken to some people with connections to the swans, and was told (last week) that they were more concerned about geelong than Stkilda, as they knew them, and had a plan for them, whilst for the cats, they were a bit more of an unknown. I am surprisingly confident on this game
    season 2012- top 4 here we come

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by cowcar
    i have spoken to some people with connections to the swans, and was told (last week) that they were more concerned about geelong than Stkilda, as they knew them, and had a plan for them, whilst for the cats, they were a bit more of an unknown. I am surprisingly confident on this game
    How connected , cc???

Originally posted by ScottH
    How connected , cc???
    As connected as you want if anyone else's "connections" are anything to go by.

i think we need to play our natural game and not focus too much on stopping stkilda. Make them stop us.

Also we need to make sure the oldest player in the league isnt given a free reign, IMHO he is still the best player at stkilda, he is a dead set champion and we need to keep him very very quiet.

Ideally we need an easy win, to be fresh for the grand final
    Theres not much left to say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast