Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Australian agrees with ROK: Roos arrogant

On the Rookie List
    I read it with a sarcastic tone. It appeared to me he was having a jibe at Roos' critics.

I think it's hard to write an article in a serious tone whilst referring to one of the subjects as "Goofy"...

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    So because you don't agree with Smith you therefore think he is being sarcastic. Now you are being sarcastic aren't you? You're a wiley Frog.
    Hmmmm ... trying to find the post where I indicated that I didn't agree with Patrick Smith .... Nope ... can't find it.

I actually smiled when I read that and congratulated Paul Roos in silence to not only ignore all the "good advice", carry on with whatever path they found themselves on and proved all the "good advice" to be the rubbish it has turned out to be.

3 seasons of finals in a row, from a rookie coach - For mine, may he long ignore those that think they know better - There are too many thinkers, not enough do-ers.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Frog
    Hmmmm ... trying to find the post where I indicated that I didn't agree with Patrick Smith .... Nope ... can't find it.

I actually smiled when I read that and congratulated Paul Roos in silence to not only ignore all the "good advice", carry on with whatever path they found themselves on and proved all the "good advice" to be the rubbish it has turned out to be.

3 seasons of finals in a row, from a rookie coach - For mine, may he long ignore those that think they know better - There are too many thinkers, not enough do-ers.
    Well SMith said Roos was arrogant and you said he isn't. That was where I thought you disagreed. My bad I guess.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Well SMith said Roos was arrogant and you said he isn't. That was where I thought you disagreed. My bad I guess.
    A definition of sarcasm

I think the "arrogance" was what people would think of him ignoring all this wonderful advice. Still believing this was a sarcastic, ironic, sardonic piece, Patrick Smith does not really believe Roos is arrogant. Since I read it this way, why would that mean I disagree with Patrick? I disagree with Patrick because you read it the other way.

If I have read this piece wrong, and obviously I have, then I will now apologise, tell you, ROK, that you are right, and stay out of the thread from here on in.

Let's just agree to disagree on this matter. You may term me a Paul Roos fan if you like. People have called me worse.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Frog
    [BI think the "arrogance" was what people would think of him ignoring all this wonderful advice. [/B]
    But he did ignore it didn't he? Isn't that the point?

Blog Entries
    From the horse's mouth:
    "I said it wasn't Sydney's fault and it wasn't Essendon's fault," Roos said. "What I should have also said was that it wasn't the AFL's fault. But having said that, and this might sound arrogant: Don't sit in Melbourne and tell me what's best to promote the game here.
    Sauce

Worth a read.

ROK, I still don't understand what is your point here. It is very likely that AFL will get burned again as they did with North Melbourne. Their approach is to the market is from melbournian point of view and very much influenced by it. If any body could change this is Eddie once he moves to Sydney and experience it first hand what it means to promote the code in the Harbour City.

Veterans List
    Never seen Paul Roos fit any of those 2 definitions. he has a supreme confidence in his understanding of the game of Australian Rules.

He may have just gleaned a little of his knowledge from the summaries he did of the 323 games he played.

The problems for a lot of AFL journos is that he always has an answer for them, is squeaky clean, knows a darn side more then them and they are intimidated by him because they dont know how to handle him.

Originally posted by Nico
    Never seen Paul Roos fit any of those 2 definitions. he has a supreme confidence in his understanding of the game of Australian Rules.

He may have just gleaned a little of his knowledge from the summaries he did of the 323 games he played.

The problems for a lot of AFL journos is that he always has an answer for them, is squeaky clean, knows a darn side more then them and they are intimidated by him because they dont know how to handle him.
    You forgot to include a point that Dermie made this afternoon, that is that Roos life doesn't revolve completely around football, he has his life in perspective, I don't think football journo's can handles that.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12