Thread: Managing expectations

Managing expectations

While the confidence is brewing, lets take stock of why this grand final is no walk over

- WC and Sydney have basically gone win-loss-win-loss depending on ground (SCG/Homebush or Subi): So a neutral ground suggest a very even contest
    - We have travelled 4 weeks out of last 5. Brisbane's experience is that its very grueling
    - The Barry Hall sideshow
    -

That's all you have?!? Hoo hah!

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar

Re: Managing expectations

Originally posted by barry
    While the confidence is brewing, lets take stock of why this grand final is no walk over

- WC and Sydney have basically gone win-loss-win-loss depending on ground (SCG/Homebush or Subi): So a neutral ground suggest a very even contest
    - We have travelled 4 weeks out of last 5. Brisbane's experience is that its very grueling
    - The Barry Hall sideshow
    -
    I don't think anyone is suggesting it will be a walk over. I am sure many people are having those inevitable negative thoughts and what ifs about the match, I just choose to block them out and focus the positives. We will have plenty of time to be negative after the match if we lose but right now it's a chance for us to dream of a swans premiership. GO BLOODS!!!!!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Re: Re: Managing expectations

Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
    I don't think anyone is suggesting it will be a walk over. I am sure many people are having those inevitable negative thoughts and what ifs about the match, I just choose to block them out and focus the positives. We will have plenty of time to be negative after the match if we lose but right now it's a chance for us to dream of a swans premiership. GO BLOODS!!!!!
    I wish I could be a bit more positive. For the last hour or so I have been picturing how gut wrenchingly awful it would be to lose tomorrow.
    I think I will take a leaf out of your book and be positive and enjoy where we are right now. Plenty of time to worry about the worst case scenario IF it happens. I think I will feel better once I head off tomorrow in my R&W to the ARC and get amongst my brethren.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

expectations are always going to be high, and if we win it will be an awesome awesome feeling, but by having these feelings before the game you set yourself up for a massive fall.

We will win though, just one premiership is all i ask its only fair!
    Theres not much left to say

Re: Re: Re: Managing expectations

Originally posted by RogueSwan
    I wish I could be a bit more positive. For the last hour or so I have been picturing how gut wrenchingly awful it would be to lose tomorrow.
    I think I will take a leaf out of your book and be positive and enjoy where we are right now. Plenty of time to worry about the worst case scenario IF it happens.
    This is sort of what I am doing. No point in picturing losing now. If we lose there will be plenty of time for that in the future. If we win, then no need!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

i enjoy picturing the presentation starting with nick davis of course and all the players running up!

i dont think i could watch the eagles get the medals
    Theres not much left to say

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by swansrule100
    expectations are always going to be high, and if we win it will be an awesome awesome feeling, but by having these feelings before the game you set yourself up for a massive fall.
    Agreed - I'm managing okay so far, just treating it like another game. I'm trying not to daydream about victory.

By making the Grand Final, the Eagles have proven themselves to be the best of the other 15 sides. There is a good chance they could beat us. Yet there is good reason to hope: the game is not in Perth, where they enjoy a huge home advantage. And last time we played them there we lost by only four points.

Tomorrow is the moment of truth. But tomorrow can wait.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final