Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 things about being premier.

Getting used to saying 1909, 1918 1933 AND 2005.

Gotta Luv that.

Also seeing the look of satisfaction on the old boys face, 72 years of age, and this is his 1st premiership. and he's loving every minute of it.
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

double vodka lemon pls
    Originally posted by SwanSong
    The title could be Bob Carrs Autobiography! hehe
    nice story about bob carr I might share with you guys, on the flight back after the grand final in 96 dad and myself (and also my bro but we wont include him cause hes a north supporter so he can get.... ) anyways we were all kinda down in the dumps and my dad who had photocopies of the swans song at the time for a lunchion we had been to during the day handed the words out to everyone on the flight and we started singing, seconds in to the song bob Carr comes walking out from business class and sings along with us, 2 secs later so does bob hawke....and just quiety they didn't need to the words to sing and they sung with a gusto...both bob's had clearly had a few!

if I ever meet those guys again I would thank them for putting a smile on my fathers and my faces!
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Hawkey has been a long time Swans supporter...remember seeing him at at least one game when I was in the cheersquad in 78-80. So he shouldn't have needed the words

Can't vouch for Bob Carr though
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    What I like is being able to tip my Swans cap at Saints supporters followed by the words, "we have bragging rights for the next 12 months". The filthy looks are worth their weight in gold.

Originally posted by punter257
    yeah totally agree with all the above

the thing i just love at the moment is being acknowledged by various people that know you're a supporter and have been there through thick and thin. they are genuinely happy for me that i have tasted some success

Totally agree with your above comment. So many friends, work collegues said that they watched the Grand Final for the simple fact that they knew me, a mad, passionate and devoted Swans fan was at the Grand Final cheering my team on!

This is a dream come true! Great to share it with all these like minded people on RWO!!

I also like that no one can turn around at games and say to Swan's supporters anymore..."When was the last time you won a premiership?!?!?"
    Swannies for life!

Originally posted by Nico
    What I like is being able to tip my Swans cap at Saints supporters followed by the words, "we have bragging rights for the next 12 months". The filthy looks are worth their weight in gold.
    I had a bank teller paying me out the day of the PF, she was a Stkilda moron. Next time I go to that bank I'll be wearing th Premiers t-shirt and members cap

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by Matt79
    I also like that no one can turn around at games and say to Swan's supporters anymore..."When was the last time you won a premiership?!?!?"
    I believe this is by far the best part. It's not just us that have to adjust to a recent Swans premiership. Supporters of other clubs have to come to terms with the loss of bragging rights over Swans fans. No longer are we at the bottom of the premiership pecking order but at the top. No longer will Swans fans have to hear the put down, "When did the Swans last win a premiership?" Now we can ask the hard questions instead of answering them.

The revolution is GOOD! Long live the revolution!
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker

The revolution is GOOD! Long live the revolution!
    Viva the revolution!!!!

Veterans List
    Unfortunately a premiership has not shut up the saints supporters at my work. I still get the whole "The AFL gave it to you" rubbish. Last week I even got told that the AFL assisted us because when Lockett played for St Kilda and was reported he always got suspended, however when he played for us he never got suspended blah blah blah. And of cause he had to bring up the Hall incident.

I just told them that they must be right because the AFL helped us win all those games this year by kicking goals and stopping the opposition on our behalf.

And then I showed them all the Swans posters I have up around my desk including the one of the team with the cup .

They then quickly went silent!

Originally posted by Mel_C
    Unfortunately a premiership has not shut up the saints supporters at my work. I still get the whole "The AFL gave it to you" rubbish. Last week I even got told that the AFL assisted us because when Lockett played for St Kilda and was reported he always got suspended, however when he played for us he never got suspended blah blah blah. And of cause he had to bring up the Hall incident.

I just told them that they must be right because the AFL helped us win all those games this year by kicking goals and stopping the opposition on our behalf.

And then I showed them all the Swans posters I have up around my desk including the one of the team with the cup .

Don't you understand...it's a conspiracy against St Kilda...they always pick on us...blah blah blah...who cares...We won.

Ask them why the guy (can't remember his name) who punched Goodes wasn't even reported??????? that might also help to shup them up...but I doubt it, because it's a conspiracy against them
    Last edited by goswannie14; 17th October 2005 at 08:44 PM.

Originally posted by Mel_C

Plane Trip to Melbourne $200
    Ticket to Prelim Final $70
    Watching whinging Saints supporters skulking out of the G 20 minutes into the last Qtr $PRICELESS

..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Re: Top 5 things about being premier.

Originally posted by barry
    1. The phrase "1933" doesnt make me shirty anymore.
    Any explanation as to why you felt "shirty"?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast