Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell to the Kangas

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by cruiser
    My computer clock says 2pm now....... waiting .........
    Looks like thats it.
    No more deals coming through now.
    The Future is Bright,The Future is Red And White.

Hate to quote myself, but "Powell is closer to [a pick] in the late 50s or 60s". Sure, I did go on to say that they're untradeable, and I was wrong on that.

Good luck to the young fella, but honestly trading off someone who appears to be no chance of getting a game in the foreseeable future (barring huge numbers of debilitating injuries) is like getting a pick (albeit, in reality, only a promotion of 6 places in our final pick) for free.

Would I be right in hazarding a guess that our senior list is now at 35 players (39 minus Maxfield, Nicks, Ball, James, Saddo, Powell, plus Richards and Chambers)? Plus 3 draft picks. The inevitable promotion of Vogels means at least one body must get the chop. Promote Grundy or anyone else and it becomes at least 2. The question is really whether the victim(s) will get picked up again with our final pick(s).

Showing some ignorance, but WTF is this "Matthew Davis" dude doing on the Senior list? May as well put me on the list.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Showing some ignorance, but WTF is this "Matthew Davis" dude doing on the Senior list? May as well put me on the list.
    You continue to show "potential", S/c. And that's what it's all about.

He is Ricky Barham's project player.

From all reports he is coming along just nicely.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

I think we got Matt Davis as a raw 17 year old 2 years ago? He still has time.

Simon, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think our numbers are exactly right? Powell and Saddington out cancels out Richards and Chambers in. Maxfield, Schauble, James, Ball, Nicks out.. Leaves 3 from the draft and 2 promoted.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    'Smokey' Davis will come good. I'm 99.9% sure of it. He is definately worth keeping.

If we were to promote Voges and Grundy i can pretty much say that Fixter and Sunny's careers as Swans are over.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by desredandwhite

Simon, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think our numbers are exactly right? Powell and Saddington out cancels out Richards and Chambers in. Maxfield, Schauble, James, Ball, Nicks out.. Leaves 3 from the draft and 2 promoted.
    If that's the case it should be sweet, unless we also promote the Big Earl.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Originally posted by desredandwhite
    I think we got Matt Davis as a raw 17 year old 2 years ago? He still has time.

You're half-right (and I was half-wrong!). I forgot about Schauble. But Nicks is not a deduction from the 38-man list b/c he was a veteran (and we have no-one who qualifies as a veteran in 2006). So we can promote 1 rookie (Vogels) without chopping anyone.

38 - Maxfield - Schauble - Ball - James - Saddington - Powell = 32.

Remember, Nicks wasn't on the main list.

32 + Vogels + Chambers + Richards = 35.

So, whether Fixter and Sundqvist survive depends on whether Shaw and Grundy are promoted. I suspect they will be.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Ah yes, you're right. I'd forgotten about Nicksy. I was ticking off all the "veterans" in my head.. Maxfield, Ball etc.. and was pretty sure none of them qualified to be vets for us. Totally forgot about #23

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by Charlie
    38 - Maxfield - Schauble - Ball - James - Saddington - Powell = 32.

Remember, Nicks wasn't on the main list.

32 + Vogels + Chambers + Richards = 35.

So, whether Fixter and Sundqvist survive depends on whether Shaw and Grundy are promoted. I suspect they will be.
    Not sure about Grundy, but I cant see any reason to promote Shaw at this stage. He's No. 4 ruckman at best. Why not leave him on the rookie list and promote him if we get an injury to the ruckmen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast