Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans = Best Team Last Three Years

The only true indication is premierships.

You'd be hard pressed convincing anyone that Sydney has been a better team over recent years than Brisbane. Yes we were in 2005 but their record 2001-2004 speaks for itself.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by hammo
    The only true indication is premierships.

You'd be hard pressed convincing anyone that Sydney has been a better team over recent years than Brisbane. Yes we were in 2005 but their record 2001-2004 speaks for itself.
    But I assume his aim was to gaod the Vic based club, morons. So having an I/state team on top for the last 5 years, must hurt, including the "ugly ducklings"!! hehehehe.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    ******** this ******** is arrogant. I can't believe you would post this on Bigfooty. I hope you got an absolute caning from the opposition posters for being so arrogant.

You must of learnt this from the Port supporters when they won last year.
    No wait a second. This is not arrogant. Why is it acceptable to call Port or Brisbane the best team of the last three years but not our own??? Especially if the stats speak for themselves?

Why is it that the Swans fans are such a self-depricating lot?

I have said nothing about the future. I have not said that we have more talent or that we will crush any opponents or that we will win the next five premierships.

But I refute anyone who says Brisbane has been the best side in the comp since Paul Roos took over. I'll refute anyone that says any team has been more successful. Yes you could pick any period you want, but my period relates purely to the work Roos and this team has done. And as far as I am concerned (in fact a considerable deal to my own surprise) we are the most consistent and successful team over that period.
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

Originally posted by goswannie14
    But we don't want to sound like St Kilda supporters
    No chance of that 'cause we've actually won a premiership in the last forty years.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by cruiser
    No chance of that 'cause we've actually won a premiership in the last forty years.
    Ouch!!!

On the Rookie List
    I'm with you SM.... Can't dispute those facts over last three seasons!!
    Consistent finals appearances, consistent home and away seasons record and a premiership.
    go bloods!!

Originally posted by cruiser
    LOL
    Does God believe in Atheists?

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by stevej
    I'm with you SM.... Can't dispute those facts over last three seasons!!
    Consistent finals appearances, consistent home and away seasons record and a premiership.
    And here's to a few more years of it! Its totally in the hands of the team and the club, but I will be there supporting them all the way
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

On the Rookie List
    Mate, If our next three are as sucessful as our last three i'd be absolutely wrapped... Bring it on!!!
    go bloods!!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Schneiderman
    And as far as I am concerned (in fact a considerable deal to my own surprise) we are the most consistent and successful team over that period.
    Disagree. The goal is to win flags - we've won one each. If you don't win a flag, making the GF is better than anything else - it's 2-1 to them. After that, it's making a PF - 2-2. After that it's making the finals - 3-2 to us.

So, it's rather even but their extra GF is better than our extra finals spot.

Not that it really matters - I only care who won the flag in 2005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12