Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1996 GF (9 years on)

Originally posted by sydfan83
    I can't remember ever feeling so flat and empty as I was on the train ride home from that game.
    Oh likewise. Worst feeling I've had leaving a game of footy, along with the game against Essendon when Alessio kicked a goal in the last minute to pinch the game.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by Plugger46
    Oh likewise. Worst feeling I've had leaving a game of footy, along with the game against Essendon when Alessio kicked a goal in the last minute to pinch the game.
    I remember that one. We had a fair bit of momentum that year .. and were underdogs to the Bummers (Telstra Dome?). I often wonder why everyone goes for the mark, and not the knock through for a rushed behind. Or would that have tied it? Yes Plugger46, some matches like this one you never forget ... sigh ..
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by The Boot
    I remember that one. We had a fair bit of momentum that year .. and were underdogs to the Bummers (Telstra Dome?). I often wonder why everyone goes for the mark, and not the knock through for a rushed behind. Or would that have tied it? Yes Plugger46, some matches like this one you never forget ... sigh ..
    IIRC we were up by 2 points until Alessio grabbed the mark in the square. I couldn't believe it. One of the worst moments to swallow as a swans supporter. We were Alessio's bitch through his career.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12