Thread: TV rights, still no live Fri. night

Senior Player

TV rights, still no live Fri. night

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...951100410.html

"■Friday night football broadcast into Sydney from 10.30pm on Seven, about an hour earlier than it is now.

■Improved regional coverage of Friday night football into NSW and Queensland, with Seven affiliate Prime televising matches from between 8.30 and 9.30pm into Canberra, western NSW and the Gold Coast."

I can't believe the AFL will accept this again. The rhetoric from Vlad over the past couple of months has continued to spout the line of live or near live footy in Sydney on Fri. night. Surely that means Seven or Fox. will provide games at 8.30 minimum and they must insist Seven take the ratings hit if they want the rights.

Living in 2005
    Doesn't bother me if 7 don't show it live on Friday's, I never really expected that, 10 don't even do that on the less important Saturday night TV slot for non swans games.

I think the important thing is that Foxtel are able to show Friday and Saturday night games live into the developing markets that 7 and 10 can't show live. I will be very dissapointed if this isn't part of the arrangement this time around.

So after all the whinging about 9's coverage, it'll be back to the (not so) good old days of 7 on Friday nights. So nothing will have changed from when I lived in Townsville in the mid 90's
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Agree. At the very least Fox should be allowed to show it live, or at 8.30 to match the telecast in Melbourne.

I won't be holding my breath on 7 showing it at 8.30 though. They will get murdered by 9.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

What it doesn't explicitly say is is whether any Swans Friday night games will be on line or near live.

I have been told by an inside source that the Swans *will* have Friday night games in 2007. (Personally I would prefer not.)

If Swans games are not shown "near live" it will be a big step backwards.

For non-Swans games, while 10:30 is not what we want, it still a big improvement on midnight!

Veterans List
    As others have mentioned, the key for me is whether FF is allowed to show the Friday nite games live or near live - 10.30 doesn't qualify!!

Originally posted by j s

For non-Swans games, while 10:30 is not what we want, it still a big improvement on midnight!
    But how often will it actually start at 10.30...you know how bad 7 are at running overtime during the week
    Does God believe in Atheists?