Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: RWO Draft Thread

Please don't take anything Wisbey writes as the be all and end all gospel of the situation

The amount of exposure and perceived credibility (by internet geeks) this guy gets is beyond ridiculous

He compared Mark McGough to Michael Voss and Jason Cloke to Glenn Jakovich FFS

His profiles are 95% waffling trash most of the time

Originally posted by Dudley
    Please don't take anything Wisbey writes as the be all and end all gospel of the situation

The amount of exposure and perceived credibility (by internet geeks) this guy gets is beyond ridiculous

He compared Mark McGough to Michael Voss and Jason Cloke to Glenn Jakovich FFS

His profiles are 95% waffling trash most of the time
    His comparisons aren't supposed to compare ability. They compare style. Hence, he was saying that at u18 level Cloke played a similar style of football to Glen Jakovich. Once he has that starting point, he has a basis on which to compare them as footballers. It's a very effective method of describing the footballer, because it actually gives the reader some idea of what the fplayer is like.

If you're going to criticise him, at least bother to comprehend what he writes.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

GOALden Hawk player analysis crapped over Wisbey's

It is clear why GH got a job with Hawthorn and Wisbey remains posting his ramblings on the internet

Good luck to you if you have any faith with what Wisbey spews forth, I know a hell of a lot of people (and many AFL clubs) don't rate his work at all

@@@@s me that people (aka sheep) take Wisbey's word on a player as fact and can't think for themselves

Originally posted by Dudley
    GOALden Hawk player analysis crapped over Wisbey's

It is clear why GH got a job with Hawthorn and Wisbey remains posting his ramblings on the internet

Good luck to you if you have any faith with what Wisbey spews forth, I know a hell of a lot of people (and many AFL clubs) don't rate his work at all

@@@@s me that people (aka sheep) take Wisbey's word on a player as fact and can't think for themselves
    Plenty of forum users (like me, and let's face it 95%+ of other posters on the internet) are left choosing between the postings of Wisbey, footydraft.com, Weaver and some mate of the player who says he is "a total gun... the next Jonathan Brown". The reason? Unlike me, these people have actually seen the kid in question play. Multiple times.

So unless you have actually seen any particular player on the field, and can conclude from what your own eyes have told you that Wisbey or someone else is wrong in describing his style or ability... there's no meaningful capacity for you to "think for yourself". You're just picking between the word of one guy you've never met, and the word of another guy you've never met.

Whether, according to an internet forum poster, AFL clubs don't rate Wisbey's work at all, is no more interesting than the fact that many internet forum posters don't rate the work of certain AFL clubs' recruiters at all. What is interesting is that the joy of technology will preserve all of people's predictions for posterity, so those who care can go back in 5 or 10 years' time and see who was right and who was wrong.

Wisbey's descriptions are long and scarily detailed, but there's one thing that gives them instant credibility in my book: he talks about the likelihood of any given player making it, which shows an understanding of what it's about-- assessing probabilities based on the evidence available. It's a safe bet that any given forum participant is a moron if s/he starts saying that a 17 year old being discussed as a possible draft pick is either a guaranteed 200 gamer, or has no chance of making the big time.

It's a real tough guy who uses an alias to attack someone who has a go at doing what they're interested in.

You're even more hardcore if you rip into them without putting your own reputation on the line.

To top it off, if you don't actually understand what the guy you're targeting has written, but attack it anyway, den u r koola den da fonz bro!

I look forward with eager anticipation to your draftee profiles next year.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

This has just been posted on the Swans website, good article letting us know a bit about Brabazon

Link

I like the bit where his mates tell him to work out what to say to BBBH first so as not to get him off side.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617