Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two months plus and counting...

Originally posted by Big Al
    I Still can't believe the fact that as I walked out of Telsta Dome in Round 10 after one of the worst performances I can remember, I said to myself that this club will never ever win a premiership. I was as down as I have ever been in my 20 years of club support.
    You weren't alone I tell you. I felt after that match we were as far away from winning a premiership than at any other single point in my years of following the club (the early 90's included). It wasn't the result and it certainly wasn't because of our tactics but for some unknown reason the players didn't seem interested in giving their all to win it all (oh how wrong was I) and in my eyes that worried me.

But lo and behold a short 4 months later at 5.16pm 24th September the impossible dream was realised. I still do a double take every time we are referred to as the Reigning Premier.
    I still can't believe it, mainly because we didn't have any time before the match ended to let the fact sink in, that we were finally going to win it all. Once the result was known relief was the better emotion to use in discribing what I felt in the next few days. Since then I've started a new full time job after a long period of un-employment and the nature of that job has given me very little time to reflect on the game and its impact on me.

I wonder when this surreal feeling will go away.
    Round One 2006 I guess. I think when the @@@@ hits the fan in a competitive match, the ride starts again.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by robbieando

I still can't believe it, mainly because we didn't have any time before the match ended to let the fact sink in, that we were finally going to win it all. Once the result was known relief was the better emotion to use in discribing what I felt in the next few days. Since then I've started a new full time job after a long period of un-employment and the nature of that job has given me very little time to reflect on the game and its impact on me.

Yeah exactly, utter relief was the overriding emotion at the end of the game. Ecstatic joy came later.

Congrats on the new Job. Hope it all goes well.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Coming to you LIVE from a Stand near you!
    It still feels very strange and the term,"Sydney Swans-2005 AFL Premiers"makes me keep pinching myself and asking "Is it true?"

Ah well,i am still on a high and loving it!
    Well done Craig Bolton for getting the co- captaincy in 2008.

Your determination,your tenacity and your under-rated skill is why you have become my favourite player!

Originally posted by The Undertaker
    It still feels very strange and the term,"Sydney Swans-2005 AFL Premiers"makes me keep pinching myself and asking "Is it true?"

Ah well,i am still on a high and loving it!
    I know where you are coming from That's one of the reasopns we went to the Melb family day today...to get another fix of the mighty Swans
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    Coming to you LIVE from a Stand near you!
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    I know where you are coming from That's one of the reasopns we went to the Melb family day today...to get another fix of the mighty Swans
    Cool,

Hope it was a great day goswannie14.
    Well done Craig Bolton for getting the co- captaincy in 2008.

Your determination,your tenacity and your under-rated skill is why you have become my favourite player!

Originally posted by The Undertaker
    Cool,

Hope it was a great day goswannie14.
    Yeah...we had a good day...very pregnant wife and all, I think she enjoyed it as much as she can being 8 months pregnant

On the Rookie List
    I found it very easy when the entire pub I was at went stone quite and in matter of seconds there were three rather large bouncers standing around our table as I stood on my stall and was yelling SYDNEY WINS, SYDNEY WINS and started reminding the table next to me what they were saying at the end of the third qauter, it was shortly after that the manger asked myself and friends to leave the pub for our personal saftey. We did singing the club song all the way out the entire greatest moment of my life.

Originally posted by Dpw
    I found it very easy when the entire pub I was at went stone quite and in matter of seconds there were three rather large bouncers standing around our table as I stood on my stall and was yelling SYDNEY WINS, SYDNEY WINS and started reminding the table next to me what they were saying at the end of the third qauter, it was shortly after that the manger asked myself and friends to leave the pub for our personal saftey. We did singing the club song all the way out the entire greatest moment of my life.
    ...and you've just sobered up enough to tell us about it

I was watching at home with my mate Jack... Daniels, that is.

I know when Leapin Leo took THE mark I said quote" Leo Barry, you've just won us the flag." Then all hell broke loose and the house 4 doors up went absolutely spastic. I didn't know I had a whole family of Swans supporters that close, did I....

About 937 beers later I crawled home into bed... And then when I woke up at like 4pm Sunday, cleaned up the morass of tinnies.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    ...and you've just sobered up enough to tell us about it
    Actually I have just been allowed back in the house as my wife and her family are Eagles members, in fact the kids and I are not allowed to even talk football not untill next season anyway

On the Rookie List

72 days

since the Swans won their last premiership and it still feels great!

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.

Re: 72 days

72 days >>>>>>>72 years!!
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast