Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Match verses Talking Carlton

On the Rookie List
    it's only a melb-syd trip beano, come !

if i dress up as a guy can i play?
    haha i kid. i'll def be there though.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by GoSouth33
    What's the likely venue for this "event".....sounds like fun if not taken tooooo seriously.
    I think we'll probably aim for something close to the SCG if possible - my local geographical knowledge is still a little sketchy so I'll definitely defer to anyone else Sydney-based.

A few of the Carlton guys mentioned that they'd be trying to stay as close to the SCG as possible, as travelling through Sydney can be a little daunting when you don't live here.

That being said, I'm sure the Sydney-based TalkingCarlton guys can assist with transportation where possible.

Long story short? You guys tell us where and we'll show up!
    COME

ON

YOU

BLUES

On the Rookie List
    it may be wishful thinking.. but you can always try & infiltrate the scg?
    is that wishful thinking? ha

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by katie-scarlett
    it may be wishful thinking.. but you can always try & infiltrate the scg?
    is that wishful thinking? ha
    If there is anyone that could pull those strings we'd be SO there.

Can't see it happening though.
    COME

ON

YOU

BLUES

Originally posted by Deano Supremo
    I think we'll probably aim for something close to the SCG if possible - my local geographical knowledge is still a little sketchy so I'll definitely defer to anyone else Sydney-based.

A few of the Carlton guys mentioned that they'd be trying to stay as close to the SCG as possible, as travelling through Sydney can be a little daunting when you don't live here.

That being said, I'm sure the Sydney-based TalkingCarlton guys can assist with transportation where possible.

Long story short? You guys tell us where and we'll show up!
    The logical option would be Bus Stop Oval before the game. No issue with transport for anyone (locals or out-of-towners) as its literally across the road from the SCG, and there will be posts up (although I don't foresee playing on a full field).

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    The logical option would be Bus Stop Oval before the game. No issue with transport for anyone (locals or out-of-towners) as its literally across the road from the SCG, and there will be posts up (although I don't foresee playing on a full field).
    You'd get a good crowd too

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    Cool.

Does anyone know if this is a public access oval or is there someone we would have to approach in order to use this venue?
    COME

ON

YOU

BLUES

Originally posted by Deano Supremo
    Does anyone know if this is a public access oval or is there someone we would have to approach in order to use this venue?
    Well the Swans use it for training in the off-season while the SCG is unavailable, but from my understanding its public access.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Senior Player
    Cant see any reason it couldnt be for public use. We played a trial there against East Sydney last Feb. Surface was pretty good (a bit soft and muddy ) for summer.

Originally posted by Kaptain Kouta
    ...Says the guy whose team had a player pose for the SMH in a netball skirt and fishnets.....
    Exactly!
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Draft Scout
    so we bring the cup and they bring the spoon to stir
    Staying ahead of the game...

Senior Player
    I should be up for it.

Will depend on how my own footy season goes, but we normally wrap things up by that stage.

I guess it will also depend how my shoulder holds up as I dislocated and broke ligaments 2 rounds before the end of last season (screw in shoulder for two months!).

We have had a game on the bus stop oval a few years ago with red and whiters so I cant see a problem with doing it again

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast