Thread: Bring Cressa out of retirement.......

Bring Cressa out of retirement.......

I know that he has stated that he wants to retire at the end of the year. However I am starting the "Bring Cressa out of retirement" chant now.

Only games that we have lost have been the games that he has been out......

Therefore we need him to play More / all games.......

He is our "go too player" and "in and under player".... Need to get someone to cover for him when he is out.......

Need another player like Cressa......!

Rod_

Could not agree more.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Maybe he could be our mascot?

Even if he's injured, put him in the team and play a few minutes.

The problem when Cressa isn't there is the impact it has on Williams, Bolton, Maxfield, and the rest of the midfield.

Without Cressa, these players always seem to struggle. Get closer attention from taggers and minders.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Bron
    Maybe he could be our mascot?
    or a runner next year

Yep. Hands on the ball and quick disposals!

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Although a lot of armchair experts have dumped on Cressa over the past couple of years, he or a player like him is a necessity for the team to be competitive. He's not an in an under player like Kirk or Bolton, but is a receiver or link player. When he's not in the side, regardless if he's having a good or bad game, it means the opposition have to treat him with respect (ie put one of their better taggers on him), thus taking a bit of the pressure off the other onballers/midfielders. As I've said on so many occasions, if PK was the heart of the swannies over the past umpteen years, Cressa was its guts.
    As soon as I heard that Cressa was out I knew a loss was imminent...form last week against Geelong was flat, and just as Brissie were ripe for us, so we were ripe for those damned roos.
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by swan_song
    He's not an in an under player like Kirk or Bolton, but is a receiver or link player.
    I think I must have been watching a different player over all these years. Cressa finds himself on the bottom of packs as often as any other player in the team, I suspect.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by lizz
    I think I must have been watching a different player over all these years. Cressa finds himself on the bottom of packs as often as any other player in the team, I suspect.
    me and my dad always have a good laugh at how cressa can get himself so dirty in a game!!! everyone else's shirts are clean and he has grass stains all over it, and some how he always ends up with grass all over his face as well

cressa is definitely an in and under player!!!

In, under and linking (Go - too and get it man) - thats why he get so many possessions.

Until we have a capible replacement we need him.

Rod_