Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    OK. My take.

LRT. What a game, picked up around 20+ disposals off CHB and looked so confident now running from defence.

Vogels. This boy can play defence. Kept Lloyd quiet for pretty much the whole game.

Superted. I can't wait to see our HFF line with Hall, ROK and Superted patrolling it. Took some awesome grabs.

Chambers. Average, but so was Jolly in his first outing with the bloods.

Doyle. Thought he too was also average but he did look confident running around and broke a few packs.

YOUNGINS.

Currie - Wow this guy has some goal kicking ability. He was the one that kicked 3 in LA. His banana kick was the goal of the game.

Simon Phillips - This kid was explosive through the midfield. Very small though.

Garubba - Liz is right, he has significantly bulked up. Looked very zippy on the wing.

Moore - Gun. Made 3 excellent smothers. Looks alot fitter.

Eski - Found the pill in the 2nd but some of his kicks although beautiful to watch went to a few Bombers.

We definately took alot more out of this match then the Bombers who had more of their stars on show. Our youngsters really showed something out there and i'm sure ROK will have a great time watching these blonde rookies kick arse in Canberra
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by chammond

Did you get the impression that this might be the start of a long-term role, Liz, or was it just an experiment born of desperation?
    Hard to tell. There really was no-one else available. Playing a 19yo gangly youth on Lloyd would have been cruel. Reg is probably not big enough - he looked shorter tonight than I thought he was.

Having witnessed this evening's effort, I wouldn't be surprised if Roos tries it again, even if he'd only intended it as a one-off. I don't think Vogels was beaten in a one-on-one contest all night - is problem was he lost Lloyd a couple of times and allowed him to get on his own in space. But he wasn't just negating either - he was supporting LRT in setting up play from the backline.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    I don't care about missing the game. I think I have met Mr. Right.
    hmmm.......
    Run2Live,Live2Run

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spriggs was quite good through the midfield. His disposal was actually half decent too.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Originally posted by stellation
    Spriggs was quite good through the midfield. His disposal was actually half decent too.
    Yeah credit where it is due here. Spriggs played very well.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Also note. Lloyd is going to have alot of troubles getting his shot off in 30 seconds..he looked way out of sorts ..hehe

Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    I don't care about missing the game. I think I have met Mr. Right.
    Come on, tell us more!
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

LRT was in great form, I think Baz has given him some training in aggression because he showed a little tonight.

Haircuts for the rookies are needed badly (was it Currie with the rats tail?) and I was surprised to see that LRT's hair although not short it had a high fringe that stays out of his eyes

Our list is now full of players born in 1987, geez I feel old.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

I thought Lloyd was restricted to one goal, must of got another when I wasn't looking.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    I agree with most of the game assessments, LRT had a blinder - hard to imagine if you look back to the same game last year.

Richards started slowly - he has a funny gait, like he's standing on egg shells but doesn't want to break any. But, he is a VERY STRONG MARK.

Spriggs had a big second quarter.

What about the missile goal from NOG 30 seconds into the game - what would you say 60, 65 Metres?

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    Originally posted by chammond
    I was really hoping that Vogels would get the job on Lloyd. All Vogel's football before moving to Sydney suggested that he would make a good tall defender . . . strong, fast and a good mark. With the recruiting of Richards, full-back might be his best chance of becoming a permanent fixture.

Did you get the impression that this might be the start of a long-term role, Liz, or was it just an experiment born of desperation?
    Vogels has great speed and actually got in front of Lloyd's lead on at least 3 occasions that I can recall. Also spoiled well once when he got caught out of position in fornt of goals. Definitely a key defender prospect and maybe that's his best chance with our forward 50 strength.

Also not mentioned (I think) was Grundy's first half. Looked confident playing from the goal square.

How about the bomb from about 80 m by one of the blonde youngsters that almost bounced thru for a goal? Woild have been very sweet if it hadn't been just a little offline or had bounced a bit differently

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast