Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We lost

Originally posted by liz
    One thing that stood out with the newbies is how many of them look the same - a whole troop of blond moptops, some of them badly in need of a hair cut. It made it a bit hard to tell who was who at times, but Thornton was probably the pick of them.

Other positives:

Paul Currie appears a mature, seasoned player for someone who has only just reached 19.

Jonathan Simpkin, although still rather green, will be one of those hard-working, quiet, under-the-radar-type players.

LRT --> marking machine.

Jarrod Moore was fit and fearless, and managed a handful of smothers. A crowd pleaser.

Matthew Laidlaw was impressive and certainly looks the goods already.

Kieran Jack - one hell of a tough nut, just like his old man. I enjoy watching the converted play as they bring something different to the game. His tackling last night was inspired.

Ed Barlow featured a few times, though he needs to bulk up in order to hold his own. Nevertheless, promising to watch.

And I would like to see more of Vogels in the back line. When he was switched to Lloyd, he seemed more comfortable somehow. Great spoils, too.

All in all, I was proud of the way they played. None of them seemed overwhelmed at all and they certainly gave the Bombers a run for their money.
    Last edited by Tuesday; 18th February 2006 at 06:03 PM.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

double vodka lemon pls
    I was so excited to see keiran jack play......he was ok..would like to see him play some more and he defo needs to put some beef on
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Where's Matt Davis? Wasn't he the great white smokey? never seems to rate a mention these days.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    Oh my gosh...I've sobered up!!! I wish I went to the game.

Did you get a shock when you rolled over in bed this morning ?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by stellation
    Spriggs was quite good through the midfield. His disposal was actually half decent too.
    Yes, Spriggs was very busy particularly early on.
    And I too was thinking how much his kicking had improved, until I realisted that without glasses or binoculars, I was sometimes mistaking Malceski's #9 for Spriggs' #8.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Originally posted by woo
    I was so excited to see keiran jack play......he was ok..would like to see him play some more and he defo needs to put some beef on
    Very badly hooked the two kicks I saw him take, but that could have been nerves.

I'll try not to repeat the comments made by others, but of the newbies . . .

I was absolutely rapt in Superted's high marking, something our forward line has been lacking.

Ryan Brabazon is clearly a lad not short of self confidence (an attempted double handball to self on the boundary and a long goal) and I think he could do very well.

Simon Phillips has some serious speed but he's frighteningly skinny.

Jonathan Simpkin looks like a very busy little worker.

One player who hasn't been mentioned by anyone else was Adam Prior, he plays tall and was very busy and seems to have v.good skills.

Also of interest was Stefan Garrubba. He has indeed bulked up massively ~ but he didn't look as quick as he used too, has he overdone it? Certainly he went for less runs than I am used to seeing.

Senior Player
    Who was Richards matched up on? And who was he taking the strong grabs over? The photo on the Swans' website would indicate Lovett-Murray, not a spectacular feat to take a grab over him.

I thought the Don's had both Bradley and Fletcher down back

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by Ruckman
    I thought the Don's had both Bradley and Fletcher down back
    They did, but i think Superted's direct opponent was lovett murray. While dangly fletcher had Currie i think for most of the game.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    So was it pack marks that Richards was taking with Fletcher/Bradley involved or one-on-one's with Lovett-Murray?

Originally posted by penga
    So was it pack marks that Richards was taking with Fletcher/Bradley involved or one-on-one's with Lovett-Murray?
    3 genuine overhead pack marks with bodies going everywhere (including 1 on the goal line) ~ the boy can fly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast