Originally posted by liz
But if it was a typo, and you meant the 2005 draft, what about Currie, Wall, Barlow, Rowe and Prior. Surely they were all drafted as additional "developing" talls.

And before you point the obvious out to me that they were all taken in the rookie draft, so were Grundy, Vogels and Shaw a year earlier.
Of course I meant the 2005 draft.

Yes, I understand the point you are making. I haven't had the opportunity to see any of the rookies play yet - I'm hoping to see some on Saturday, and hopefully I'll get a practice match or two down here as well. But they all seem very skinny and raw to me.

I think that we'll have to see results from more than one rookie draft before we can place our faith in it as our main source for young KPPs. The crop from the 2004 rookie draft could well be exceptional, if the three of them all become established senior players. But I don't think any club has ever had three rookies from the same draft all establish themselves in the senior side. I'd much rather we balance our recruiting both in the national and rookie drafts.