Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hyphenator a dashing defender

Originally posted by Roscoe
    LRT easily outpointed Lucas on Friday night

He has courage - you can't teach that, but his skills and how to read the play have improved with experience plus input from Roos who IIRC was a "fair" CHB himself and also help from the full back of the century.
    I have been impressed with LRT's courage from his first game, I think that the reading of play is something that is developing, and it certainly has helped with SOS giving him some pointers.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

LRT will only improve with experience
    I don't like this expression. He will most likely improve with experience. However, there is also a chance that he will not get better over time.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I don't like this expression. He will most likely improve with experience. However, there is also a chance that he will not get better over time.
    Whilst you are playing with the language and the various possibilities you might also mention that he could be hit by a bus before round 1. I reckon however that he is more likely to improve with experience than be hit by a bus. I know you would find it hard to agree with this as it doesn't fit your optimistic view on life.

Warming the Bench
    thanks for your support rastus.

Bloods with over 7000 posts your are maybe getting cynical, old

negative and past your use by date

keep petty crap like your last post to BIG FOOTY

lets try and be positive and objective !!!
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

Originally posted by liz
    I noticed a similar thing with Dempster. As soon as he ran down to his end for the start of the first quarter he had this air about him of "I'm one of the senior guys here".
    Seany will be club captain one day - that's my prediction. Ever since his debut, I don't think he has looked out of place in the senior side. Seems to have uncanny awareness of his surroundings and hardly ever looks rushed.

King Lewie has gone from strength to strength. I think turning point for him would have been his great game against Brisbane at Telstra Stadium. After that, it was not as heart-stopping to see the ball head his way

Hopefully they both continue their brilliant progress. Hopefully more Tadhg than Stefan

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Ruckman
    Go boil yourself Lobster, Scott's right his grandfinal was extremely good.
    He played well. He played his best game. He may have even played above himself. But hee was not BOG, or even close. A big bloke with blonde hair gets some loose ball in he middle of the paddock and he is BOG in a Grand Final.

Originally posted by rastus
    Whilst you are playing with the language and the various possibilities you might also mention that he could be hit by a bus before round 1. I reckon however that he is more likely to improve with experience than be hit by a bus. I know you would find it hard to agree with this as it doesn't fit your optimistic view on life.
    thanks for your support rastus.

Bloods with over 7000 posts your are maybe getting cynical, old

negative and past your use by date

keep petty crap like your last post to BIG FOOTY

Yawn yawn... hate to have a different opinion...

That expression is used for so many young footballers, yet more fail than not. I think LRT will improve, but we'll see whether it's enough to be a vey good footballer.

Someone said the year before that Bevan can only improve, but he didn't last year.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Someone said the year before that Bevan can only improve, but he didn't last year.
    Premiership winner. Better than Buckley.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    Premiership winner. Better than Buckley.
    Better than Roos, better than Kelly, better than Lockett, better than Dale Lewis!

Blog Entries
    Which is to be prefered, positive subjectivism or negative objectivism?

(Should overuse of exclamation marks be a banning offence?!?!?!)

Yes I agree! He has definitely improved quite alot from 12 months ago. I seriously didnt like him much at the beginning, but i think he is growing on me now. Lol Go Da Swans!

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Which is to be prefered, positive subjectivism or negative objectivism?
    I assume he actually meant "lets [sic] try and be positive not objective" but the 'not' word was considered too negative to use.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast