Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hyphenator a dashing defender

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Casey36
    Yes I agree! He has definitely improved quite alot from 12 months ago. I seriously didnt like him much at the beginning, but i think he is growing on me now. Lol Go Da Swans!
    Bloods, take note. This is a model post.

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Bloods, take note. This is a model post.
    Thanks - I've added it to my 'must try harder to be subjectively positive this year' mantra.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Thanks - I've added it to my 'must try harder to be subjectively positive this year' mantra.
    That's the (positive) spirit! LOL!!!

It would not be RWO if Nick wasn?t injecting his half glass empty p.o.v. on us.

The career paths of most footballers have ups and downs ? last year LRT went up and Bevo went down. Long term, the NRC?s will get the best out of themselves whilst the RC?s will not. (the gospel according to Ricky) LRT is no RC, he will get the best out of himself and be a good player for us in years to come, but not I think a really great one because he lacks natural instinct and appears to be one of the blunter instruments in the Swan?s toolshed. Experience will help him to make decisions more quickly, and I also hope that he does some work on his kick penetration, as poor kicking is still a serious flaw in his game.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

He played well. He played his best game. He may have even played above himself. But hee was not BOG, or even close. A big bloke with blonde hair gets some loose ball in he middle of the paddock and he is BOG in a Grand Final.
    Why not? A little blonde haired bloke who got some loose ball in the middle of the paddock and continually kicked it to the opposition was officially awarded that honour.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Originally posted by rastus
    Whilst you are playing with the language and the various possibilities you might also mention that he could be hit by a bus before round 1. I reckon however that he is more likely to improve with experience than be hit by a bus. I know you would find it hard to agree with this as it doesn't fit your optimistic view on life.
    Lot of buses in Sydney though.

Veterans List
    Which is to be prefered, positive subjectivism or negative objectivism?

(Should overuse of exclamation marks be a banning offence?!?!?!)
    What about some positively, negative optimism.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Old Royboy
    It would not be RWO if Nick wasn?t injecting his half glass empty p.o.v. on us.

The career paths of most footballers have ups and downs ? last year LRT went up and Bevo went down. Long term, the NRC?s will get the best out of themselves whilst the RC?s will not. (the gospel according to Ricky) LRT is no RC, he will get the best out of himself and be a good player for us in years to come, but not I think a really great one because he lacks natural instinct and appears to be one of the blunter instruments in the Swan?s toolshed. Experience will help him to make decisions more quickly, and I also hope that he does some work on his kick penetration, as poor kicking is still a serious flaw in his game.
    Well I'll be buttered on both sides, I thought LRT was a Roman Catholic. You learn something new every day.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Nico
    Lot of buses in Sydney though.
    Madeline West.

Blog Entries
    He played well. He played his best game. He may have even played above himself. But hee was not BOG, or even close. A big bloke with blonde hair gets some loose ball in he middle of the paddock and he is BOG in a Grand Final.
    That was because he was either

a) Lost like he was for most of the season, and the Eagles kicking was so bad they kept kicking it directly to him.

or

b) his opponent thought he was a waste of space and left him all by himself to get free ball. (Paid him no respect)

or/and

c) he has actually learnt how to read the ball/play and managed (somehow) to get his blonde mop in the right place at the right time.

Whatever the answer he will be better for the experience, and can only improve from that.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    Why not? A little blonde haired bloke who got some loose ball in the middle of the paddock and continually kicked it to the opposition was officially awarded that honour.

What little blonde haired bloke?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by ScottH

Whatever the answer he will be better for the experience, and can only improve from that.
    That may or may not be the case. My original comment was that the enough of the 15,000 fans that voted on the Swans website considered LRT to be BOG in the GF. And there was no way he was. He wasn't even BOG for the first half.

As for the "he will only improve" tag - talk about faint praise. I am sure rastus', Roscoe's and Ruckman's qulaity of posts will only improve with more practice - C'mon guys stay positive, you can do it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast