Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach of the year

Thumbs up Coach of the year

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
    Paul on a job well done winning coach of the year award tonight.
    Sometimes it does pay to have kids up late thank goodness my daughter was flicking around the stations and spotted Roos getting nominated of course the winter olympics got the flick for a while LOL

Congratulations, well deserved and may you lead us to many more flags!!
    Swannies for life!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hear hear. A very good coach and potentially a great coach. I particularly like the way he manages to combine serious intent with enjoying the game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

And to add to the recognition, the Swans were named as National Team of the Year as well, beating the Melbourne Phoenix (netball) and Wests Tigers (Rugby League).

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by Mike_B
    And to add to the recognition, the Swans were named as National Team of the Year as well, beating the Melbourne Phoenix (netball) and Wests Tigers (Rugby League).
    COOL i didnt s ee that won .. bloody kids she missed that one to yell out too me lol

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    And the Kings too, I presume. One-eyed as I am where the Swans are concerned, the Kings' achievement in winning their third (?) successive title and now reaching the GF again, is pretty impressive.

On the Rookie List
    cheer cheer mr Roos.

Blog Entries
    Swans, Roos given the ultimate accolade
    The Swans' 2005 grand final win has gone down as one of the most competitive and heart-stopping of recent times. Again the side came back from the dead with a brilliant team effort to snatch its first premiership in 72 years.
    The 22 players involved had shaped themselves into an outfit of singular purpose and intent. In private they knew each other as The Bloods, an almost-secret organisation that demanded total loyalty and commitment within the group. The bloods vowed to do anything for the team and more often than not did.
    And finally
    One of the highlights of the grand final for the Swans was the performance of former rugby union player Lewis Roberts-Thompson, whose bumbling efforts in the backline early in the season had even the club's biggest supporters despairing.

Originally posted by liz
    And the Kings too, I presume. One-eyed as I am where the Swans are concerned, the Kings' achievement in winning their third (?) successive title and now reaching the GF again, is pretty impressive.
    I missed seeing the nominations, and flipped back to Brett Kirk's acceptance speech where he mentioned the Phoenix and Tigers, so it's possible the Kings were nominated too, but I can't be sure.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Veterans List
    Great article & fabulously deserved win.

Won't stop me gobbing on Roosy next time I see him tho just in case he doesn't perform this year.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by giant
    Great article & fabulously deserved win.

Won't stop me gobbing on Roosy next time I see him tho just in case he doesn't perform this year.
    A True Fan!!!!

Originally posted by ScottH
    Swans, Roos given the ultimate accolade
    Don't know about anyone else, but reading that article made me feel pretty good about just where this footy club is at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast