Thread: Swans to stick with same style

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Swans to stick with same style

Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Re: Swans to stick with same style

I assume they mean the winning style.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veteran Site Admin
    Roos' successful style of coaching of forcing stoppages at all costs
    Surely not even a journalist can believe this. If it were true, the Swans would never score.

Can people not understand the distinction between forcing stoppages for the sake of it, and trying to prevent the opposition from gaining easy, unpressured possession?

On the Rookie List
    One day, people from other clubs will realise that yes, the Swans style of play can be woeful when they are out of form (ie. Round 10 last year) but so is every other team when they are playing poorly.

However, one only needs to look at them in sparkling form (Q4 in the PF, Round 15 v Geelong, Round 20 v Brisbane)... there are more and more i could quote. I know i'm not telling you lot anything you don't know, just getting on this ever-growing soapbox!

One day they will look at all the facts and grow a brain... these new rules won't mean a thing...

Blog Entries

Re: Swans to stick with same style

What? Winning?

Re: Re: Swans to stick with same style

Originally posted by ScottH
    What? Winning?
    I was in Beijing last week and visited the great wall with the fambly. Went up to the right side and made it to the top. Was wearing my swannies beany, being only 4c. Wouldn't you know it there was an Australian guy sitting up there, who got stuck into me because of our style of play."

"You guys won't win again this year playing like that...blah blah blah."

I wouldn't care if our style was freestyle pass the parcel, substituting a Sherrin - as long as we win, they can all get stuffed.

And another thing, when will they find a new picture of Roos.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Swans to stick with same style

Originally posted by Legs Akimbo

I wouldn't care if our style was freestyle pass the parcel, substituting a Sherrin - as long as we win, they can all get stuffed.
    That'd be a throw Legs.

Nice story, I thought it was bad enough copping it at the servo when they see the sticker on the car.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Swans to stick with same style

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    That'd be a throw Legs.

Nice story, I thought it was bad enough copping it at the servo when they see the sticker on the car.
    What if it was passed without travelling through the air - being touched by one or other of the players at all times. That is not a throw.
    Last edited by Legs Akimbo; 23rd February 2006 at 11:04 PM.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Interesting changes these ..

I actually believe this changes will HELP the Swans.

One of our worst skills is our ability to kick out from a behind to a loose man. Now we'll be able to hit a loose man and be on the run straight away.

Our half back line with Dempster, LRT, Kennelly and Barry are quite quick and will actually enable us to propell the ball forward and into our forward 50 quicker.

I think we might get a few surpises this year and at the SCG some high scoring games!