Thread: Eades coaching style

Senior Player

Eades coaching style

Interesting view from here :

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E20322,00.html

IMO, still seems very negative, even in a pre-season game, a lot of blokes getting bagged and dragged.

It'd be an interesting contrast to the Roos box.

I didn't see anything wrong with his approach per that article.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I didn't see anything wrong with his approach per that article.
    Fair enough, it just seemed to confirm the perception that Eade has developed a very low tolerance for mistakes particularly from youngsters during a game. Was a bit of a common thread once Roos took over of a stated aim not to drag any player on the basis of one mistake, players would get reminded of what is required during the breaks, and a lot more emphasis on the positive.

It could be the reporter being selective but Eade has only one positive comment about this team/players in that article. The rest is all criticism.

The thought I had when reading that article though is whether this is also due to it being pre-season, where he is trying to drill the desired behaviours into his players now, so that when things matter in Rd 1, they will be doing more of what the coach wants.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by floppinab
    Fair enough, it just seemed to confirm the perception that Eade has developed a very low tolerance for mistakes particularly from youngsters during a game. Was a bit of a common thread once Roos took over of a stated aim not to drag any player on the basis of one mistake, players would get reminded of what is required during the breaks, and a lot more emphasis on the positive.

It could be the reporter being selective but Eade has only one positive comment about this team/players in that article. The rest is all criticism.
    I agree that was certainly a problem of Eade's in the past. However, I'm not sure how much you can read into this small extract from a pre-season match. I don't think the circumstances where players were dragged were particularly unwarranted and it seemed to be the case of trying to encourage players to go in harder or do the little things. Difficult to do that without contact with the players.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

These sorts of stories don't translate well into print.

My initial view was "why is he taking a pre-season match so seriously" but I suppose it was far more important match for the Dogs than we'll ever understand (for membership etc) and you don't want bad habits to creap in.

Wouldn't read too much into it. Dogs played a good brand of footy last year and I don't think that would have been possible if the players were scared of making mistakes.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I think he's just trying to ingrain good habits into the players early in the season.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Shepparton would be happy he thinks that way of them.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Cool

Fun article. Some bits were a bit unbelievable. 4.53423 / 5.