Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda NAB Challenge game @ Newcastle

Originally posted by Damien
    What time is the opening bounce?
    1.45pm according to the Swans website.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by eirinn
    Don't mind Tuesday. The time difference between Sydney and Melbourne is messing with her moods.

I shall be at the Newcastle game with bells on. I may even take the opportunity to give the bikkies their first test run for the year...

Will see if I'm working. If not I'll be there with bells on. Benny did the drive up last year and appeared keen on doing it again.

Will be at Cararra on Saturday night for the Tiges match though. Am bringing the big flags for it.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    1.45pm according to the Swans website.
    Shame they haven't invented electricity in Feralcastle yet.
    A night match at the Showgrounds would be pretty fun.

Hopefully they will give the match a bit more promotion than they did last year.

Maybe the Swans can come in and help with the promotions for this match? And have membership & merchandise stands, as well as maybe a mini-clinic for the little tackers.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

OldE
    Originally posted by Tuesday
    Really? Without the brand spanking new piping bag?
    That better not be a threat...

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

Hopefully they will give the match a bit more promotion than they did last year.

Maybe the Swans can come in and help with the promotions for this match? And have membership & merchandise stands, as well as maybe a mini-clinic for the little tackers.

JF
    They had a fairly good turn out for the cup tour with stacks of kids doing clinics and things. I think it was a Monday arvo too. So hopefully being a Sat arvo should up the attendance as well.

Sweet home Novacastria
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

JF
    Feracastle... Pfft... I'd take Newcastle over Sydney (or the Central Coast for that matter) anyday!!! With the amount of new estates being built up here, many would agree with me!

But anyway...

The showground is a cow paddock. We looked at playing our home games there but the fact they used it as a carpark when concerts were on at the Entertainment Centre was a prohibiting factor. But in relation to this match that Number 1 has better lights anyway.

Number 1 actually has night standard lighting... for up to semi-professional Aussie Rules (e.g. Syd AFL, AFL Canberra, VFL etc) but is 50 lux or so short of AFL standards, hence the insistance on a day game.

I agree with you that it would be nice to have a bit of promotion this time- last year people around town did not even know the game was on. If I had a dollar from everyone who told me they only found out about the game after it was finished i'd have near paid my swans membership off! But, unfortunately, all of the organisation for this match eminates from Sydney, and consequently it generally gets @@@@@@@ed up. Two ads the size of a Maccas fries carton in the local paper IS NOT promotion!

I'm pretty sure the merch will be there, and there will be half time auskick, but yes, a clinic would be good.

On the Rookie List
    Mick?

Nice to see a hawkies supporter!!!

Originally posted by eirinn
    That better not be a threat...
    And if it is?
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Warming the Bench
    I will keep my eye out for you JF.

NB. Nothing wrong with Newcastle mate.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    Two ads the size of a Maccas fries carton in the local paper IS NOT promotion!
    Might be time for the AFL to chuck a few dollars at the game here in NSW. I believe they have a bit spare after our GF victory helped them sign that new TV rights deal
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

Originally posted by tez

Yes, I spent 20 years there one evening
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Originally posted by tez
    I will keep my eye out for you JF.

Try having 2 ex partners & an ex-best friend there. The place is filled with EVIL on every corner, I swear!

I'm working Saturday AM & don't really want to give up the double time. Our ever-so-enticing pre-season record doesn't exactly give one the reason to swap my shift I guess.

I had my footy fix last weekend to be honest.

JF
    Last edited by JF_Bay22_SCG; 15th March 2006 at 11:16 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast