Thread: Buchanan Grand Final Winner

On the Rookie List

Smile Buchanan Grand Final Winner

Dear Swan fanatics,

There will many of you who will know this is a repost. But, I refuse to believe that the 2005 is only a distant memory for the Swans loyal supporters. I am trying to determine the significance of the picture referred to in the following article. There have been 160 people view the post without a response! That could be a record! If you have seen the goal in the media as a genuine photograph please reply ( please read the following original post)

I would appreciate any feedback regarding photographs of Amon Buchanan kicking the winning goal in the 2005 AFL Grand Final.

I am not talking about a still taken from television or video footage, only genuine photographs. I have not seen any in the Melbourne or Sydney papers since the game.

I was at the game and took a photograph of Buchanan kicking the goal. Is this the only one inexistence?

I attended the Swans family day last December and Amon Buchanan was in attendance. I asked him to look at the photograph and his surprise was very genuine.

Cheers.

Southportlad.

On the wing
    Judd getting the Norm Smith medal was a joke. Buchanan, the winner of the game, should have got it.

Veteran Site Admin
    Maybe you could post a link to your original thread on this - save everyone else searching through the archives.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those panoramic shots of Amon kicking the winning goal, don't know if it was on ebay or in an AFL shop though.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by Nolie
    Judd getting the Norm Smith medal was a joke. Buchanan, the winner of the game, should have got it.
    What about Jason Ball? He tapped the ball to him. He did his job and if he hadnt, maybe no goal. My point is that its a team effort and you cant say Monty was the winner of the game.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Blog Entries
    Everyone knows that LRT was best on ground.

What the @@@@ is this thread about? I did not understand it the first time around.

Waiting for the call!
    Whilst appreciate individual opinion, I'm also very much of the opinion that it was a team effort from start to finish.

One could argue that Bazza kicking that goal was the turning point. One could argue that the Weagles (forget the individual) hitting the post was the winning 'kick'.

I'd rather just revel in the memory, bask in the glory on Sunday, and hope that we get anywhere near the same hights in 2006!

Cheers!
    "You got .. rock 'n roll eyes ..!"

They had all us South fans on the verge of heart attacks with the 3-4 bombed shots from gettable chances after Buchanan's goal hehe.

He NEEDED to kick that goal, cos I'd always been shirty on him up til then for missing two sitters in the 2002 VFL Grand Final for Port Melbourne which cost the game. I've been repaid

Originally posted by goswannie14
    I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those panoramic shots of Amon kicking the winning goal, don't know if it was on ebay or in an AFL shop though.
    yeah i have the panoramic print but the photo is about 5 secs after the goal was scored and the crowd is going nuts

its an absolute cracker
    Roosy = LEGEND

There's an official afl one (getty) showing Amon with his arm at 90 degrees waitibg for team mates to mob him. that's the only one from the official source. good pic, though
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005