Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vote #1 - Paul Chambers

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by dendol
    A ruckman like Cox/Fraser in the Subiaco game would have had an absolute field day against Richmond today. Would have been another option up forward to further stretch the terrible defence.
    But we don't have a Cox or Fraser. We just have a Chambers and he's at least performing some kind of role that is adding some value to the team. Until Shaw develops or Doyle's body regenerates itself, we have to make do with what we have, and look to others to be the matchwinners.

We do have a Goodes who provides the mobile tall option that Cox and Fraser do in their respective teams.

Originally posted by liz
    But we don't have a Cox or Fraser. We just have a Chambers and he's at least performing some kind of role that is adding some value to the team. Until Shaw develops or Doyle's body regenerates itself, we have to make do with what we have, and look to others to be the matchwinners.

We do have a Goodes who provides the mobile tall option that Cox and Fraser do in their respective teams.
    Fair enough, he provides a decent contest in the ruck, which is all Roos asks of him at this stage. Just picking on him again as I find it quite amusing that a team can win by 118 points, yet still have a player to have not possess the ball even once.

And whilst Im musing, Judd would have picked up 55 touches, 16 clearances and kicked 8 goals against the tigers today.

On the Rookie List
    Judd = Over rated posession accumulation machine

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Originally posted by Q...
    Wish we had an overrated machine like that.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Veterans List
    Originally posted by dread and might
    Wish we had an overrated machine like that.
    I'd infinitely prefer to support the Swans than a team like the Eagles. Off field their players are a disgrace and I think that, collectively, our midfield is a match for theirs. So personally, I think Chambers + Jolly et all is greater than Judd et al. Judd is a great player (and could be one of the all time best as he matures) and Kerr and Cousins are really talented and hard working. But as the silverware shows - the Swans are a better team as the sum of its parts. And, by and large, nicer people.

If the Eagles had one decent forward, they may be saying they have the silverware!

And what team wouldn't benefit from Judd in their side!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    If the Eagles had one decent forward, they may be saying they have the silverware!

I'd settle for Kerr if Judd was unavailable.

Originally posted by Q...
    Now you're just being silly.

Originally posted by Agent 86
    Now you're just being silly.
    Great player but seriously the commentators go overboard... saw an easy ball get and goal and they made it out to be the play of the century...

Thats why i think hes overrated but still in the top 5 players...

Personally if I had to chose between Hall and Judd...

GIVE ME BAZZA ANY DAY!
    Some people say Football is a matter of life and death - I say it's a lot more important than that!

Originally posted by NMWBloods

If we had a Chris Judd in our team, no they wouldn't.
    An instrument with only 9 notes! Surely it's easy to play? www.coastalscottish.com
    Enjoy the Coastals Experience!

Back on topic....

Does a tap ruckman need to gather a lot of possesions. Look at Harry Madden. Couldnt kick to save himself, took about 10 marks in his whole career, but extremely valuable ruckman, and look at him now.

I'm not defending Chambers. But Roos thinks he's doing the job required, and at this stage its good enough for me.

I think his tapwork has been effective, particularly of late.

I don't believe the ruckman needs to get possessions, but he needs to negate the opposition ruckman and fall back to assist in the backline.

Chambers has improved in this area too, although still a lot of work to do.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast