Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Vote #1 - Paul Chambers

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Jolly was not a dud at Melbourne.
    That's right; I know a few Demons fans that were not happy to see him go at all. He was just stuck behind White, who famously (does he still do it now?) hated being rested and wanted (and, in all fairness, could) ruck all day.
    Last edited by stellation; 29th May 2006 at 12:37 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Chambers is hopeless. Embarrassing. Rubbish. Jolly was NEVER bad, just starved of opportunity, as has been recognised. Chambers wasn't getting a game even when King and Ottens were injured! The cattery'd be cacking themselves if they didn't have other things to worry about...

Just cos he's got a big body shouldn't mean he's a walk-up start. Really, if we're going to develop them then give the younger blokes a go.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Ruck'n'Roll

Pardon me guys but while many of us were indeed encouraged with his efforts over the last few weeks, his game against the Hawks was horrible. For goodness sakes 2 of his "effective" taps occured when he missed the ball with his hand completely and it then bounced off his head!!!!!
    Classic! I spotted these as well - the first time he did it I chortled; the second time, I kinda cried.

Shame there is not a separate stat for "bonce out" coz Torture would be flying ahead.

On the Rookie List
    He needs to start taking marks and kicking goals in the forward line before i have any real trust in the guy.
    Using hypothesis testing via confidence intervals:
    Nick Davis mark inside 50 = goal

Originally posted by mocaholic
    Chambers is hopeless. Embarrassing. Rubbish. Jolly was NEVER bad, just starved of opportunity, as has been recognised. Chambers wasn't getting a game even when King and Ottens were injured! The cattery'd be cacking themselves if they didn't have other things to worry about...

Just cos he's got a big body shouldn't mean he's a walk-up start. Really, if we're going to develop them then give the younger blokes a go.
    I agree wiith you moca. I was prepared to give Chambers a chance but he's getting worse, not better.
    He doesn't even look like marking a ball when it comes in his direction.
    We need a better option when the finals come around so here's hoping Donkey can get up and running or one of the youngsters.
    Goodes will still be a better option IMO which allows for one of Dempster, Schmidt or Willoughby to come into the side for some valuable experience.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567