Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSW State of Origin team?

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Was this comment before or after that forward line kicked seven goals against Western Suburbs?

Sorry, had to be said.
    Last edited by BeeEmmAre; 8th May 2006 at 03:26 PM.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

didnt you blokes get pumped by an understrength Wests on the weekend?

Originally posted by ugg
    Oh come on, he'd get towelled up by your average SFL forward.

Originally posted by I_Heart_Kefalas
    I'll give you 6...

Kefalas,
    Abott,
    Coupe,
    Underwood,
    S Pech
    Luff

Enough said.
    One can only imagine what their equivalent at St George or Wests could accomplish ....

Originally posted by Ash
    Solomon not the player he was
    Yes, he is. He simply has taken on further responsibilities within the team. Those in defence rarely get the kudos they deserve.

LRT- played one game in senior career (very good gf Ill admit) apart from that???
    He has played 54. To many who were at the GF, he made a genuine case for the Norm Smith, and I think there's some more to come from the most maligned player in the league.

Bolton, just average.
    It's obvious you do not watch him play. He's consistent, determined and courageous. Many don't notice his efforts because he does it effectively and with a minimum of fuss.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

How about.....

Webb Abbott Dugmore
    Barratt Kinnaird Hall

Originally posted by ash
    But look at the backline. It is terrible. I could easily pluck 6 forwards from sfl that would completely dominate them.

Mcveigh is lucky he has a manager, Mathews is just a player, Barry loose and can be exploited, Solomon not the player he was, LRT- played one game in senior career (very good gf Ill admit) apart from that???, Bolton, just average. The interachange is very ordinary.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by ash
    didnt you blokes get pumped by an understrength Wests on the weekend?
    Great point Ash. You obviously watch this competition a lot closer than what i gave you credit for...

aka Mr Taxman
    If we were to change the rules - akin to the 1990 rules where you virtually had to play for Sydney to qualify - what team would we have then? Would guys like A Rocca or S Grant make the team then?

One of my favourite games on footy was watching big John Ironmonger & young John Longmire cause havoc on the Vics in the rain at the SCG in 1990 - the Goannas played the Students from Sydney Uni in the curtain raiser when they were both in SFL that night & the other Paul Kelly was the pre-game entertainment.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Originally posted by ash
    How about.....

Webb Abbott Dugmore
    Barratt Kinnaird Hall
    That's more like it
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Someone has to come out and say it Mr Kefalas.
    You talk absolute garbage. That backline would absolutely murder anything the SFL could muster up. And yes including your UNSW/ES boys that couldnt kick a winning score on the weekend.

Originally posted by Roo
    Someone has to come out and say it Mr Kefalas.
    You talk absolute garbage. That backline would absolutely murder anything the SFL could muster up. And yes including your UNSW/ES boys that couldnt kick a winning score on the weekend.
    Me thinks that Mr Kefalas may be taking the p1ss, Roo.

Originally posted by I_Heart_Kefalas
    I'll give you 6...

Kefalas,
    Abott,
    Coupe,
    Underwood,
    S Pech
    Luff

Coupe would eat LRT for breakfast...

L.Barry would be chasing Abott's tail all game and acting as his step ladder...

and finally McVeigh would be lost for class against Kefalas...

Underwood would just cruise in 2nd gear and kick 6.

Enough said.
    Not after saturdays effort.......

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Rafters
    If we were to change the rules - akin to the 1990 rules where you virtually had to play for Sydney to qualify - what team would we have then? Would guys like A Rocca or S Grant make the team then?

One of my favourite games on footy was watching big John Ironmonger & young John Longmire cause havoc on the Vics in the rain at the SCG in 1990 - the Goannas played the Students from Sydney Uni in the curtain raiser when they were both in SFL that night & the other Paul Kelly was the pre-game entertainment.
    One of my best memories, as a 12 yr old, our club took a busload in from Camden. I didn't really know where the players all originally came from, but it was awesome to beat the Vics.

Start of a lifelong love of both footy and (the other) Paul Kelly.

Its funny you mention Camden Wheels27.
    I actually drove past a game they were playing on the weekend and popped in and had a look. Despite playing a weak opposition Camden actually looked like a pretty good side and won by about 15 goals. They have a few blokes that have played 1st grade in the SFL including Peter Free, Royce Simpson, Kane Rowley and a few that have played first division i think. There full forward has kicked 26 goals in there 3 games so far and they have some young blokes that look like they could handle sydney footy.

Sydney clubs out there should go and check it out, there could be a few recruits for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast