Recruiting has sadly gone the other way, at least half a dozen from their side moved from SWS when Chook went out there. This reflected in our last two years of results, we are only now starting to recover.
No hard feelings at our end, just disappointing.

Unfortunately for us, a club like Camden, based in Sydney metro, but playing in a non-affiliated competition down south, has much less to cover in terms of overheads (ie. league & umpire fees), and can therefore look after their players better.

I grew up in Camden in the times when the seniors played in the SFA, out of Kirkham Oval, but as I got older the senior club wasn't playing and then reappeared in the Leisure Coast AFL, and as I worked in Liverpool, I had started playing where I am now.

As you would imagine I still have a soft spot for my old local team, it's great to see them having so much success, hopefully they can return to the Sydney comp. in the future.

There are plenty of kids who want to play in this area, but not too much encouragement for them to play for clubs like Camden or ourselves, in the past attitude sometimes seemed to be, try out for Campbelltown, if you don't make it just get a membership and go to the swans every week.

Happily recent times seem to be seeing more co-operation between the local clubs, after all we're all in it together. My ideal scenario would see all local juniors coming to either us or Camden, and then feeding into Campbelltown.