View Poll Results: Who was the Swans BOG in the 2005 Grand Final?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fosdike

40 24.54%
  • Kirk

4 2.45%
  • Hall

1 0.61%
  • Crouch

4 2.45%
  • LRT

41 25.15%
  • Buchanan

63 38.65%
  • Jude Bolton

0 0%
  • Leo Barry

5 3.07%
  • Michael O'Loughlin

1 0.61%
  • Other (Please Specify)

4 2.45%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OK to settle an argument....(Grand Final BOG)

Great to see 3 perenial strugglers like LRT, Fosdike and Buchanan all hotly contesting the BOG award. Our 2nd tier really stepped up near the end of last season.

But having watched the grand final about a zillion times (I've been isolated in the cultural backwater of NZ for the last 6 months), I have an extremely thorough insight into every kick, tackle, sheppard and mark, and its LRT hands down.

As one of the commentators said re West Coast, "its not very often you win a grand final when the oppositions centre half back has had so many possessions".

Hansen was the only forward option WC had, and LRT closed that option out.

MOL would have got it if he didnt have the yips. No other forward could have got BOG in such a low scoring game, and by and large our midfield was beaten by WC.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by barry

MOL would have got it if he didnt have the yips. No other forward could have got BOG in such a low scoring game, and by and large our midfield was beaten by WC.
    Without Magic it wouldn't have been such a low scoring game . . . or so nerve wracking.

Originally posted by barry
    But having watched the grand final about a zillion times (I've been isolated in the cultural backwater of NZ for the last 6 months), I have an extremely thorough insight into every kick, tackle, sheppard and mark, and its LRT hands down.
    Funny, but I reckon you would have said that after even just one viewing...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Regular in the Side
    Yes LRT was great early...but faded somewhat in the 3rd quarter & was almost invisible in the last...you just don't get BOG with that trend. It was others who made the difference when it mattered, especially Fos & Monty. Just on another point...I think that even before GF day Monty was not a struggler in my book.

LRT was instrumental in the final seconds though!

Regular in the Side
    Just watched the last quarter again...at least 18 of the 20 minutes. The only time LRT might have touched the ball was in a mass mark attempt with about a minute to go. Not sure what was meant by instrumental in last seconds...Buchanan was the man, & Ball, & several others in & out.

LRT motored into the Eagles pack letting Leo float across the wreckage to secure the win.

Regular in the Side
    Dear Sanecow...it didn't look quite like that to me...but he played his part...just not BOG.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sanecow

If leo missed it, Fozzie was about to swallow it.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Go Swannies
    Both major contributors. I gather that you consider the Norm Smith voting and expert opinion on the day was also by the football ignorant?
    Could you please provide the "expert opinion" and the Norm Smith vote tally to which you refer. IIRC Fossie out polled LRT convincingly - indeed, again IIRC, the only 'judge' that had LRT up near the top of the list was Steve Quartermain (about as good a journalist as Nikki Tugwell).

Regular in the Side
    Just who is Steven Quartermain...nothing he says has real insight as far as I am concerned. The sooner we get rid of the 5 minute warning on that channel the better...give me the clock!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast