View Poll Results: Who was the Swans BOG in the 2005 Grand Final?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fosdike

40 24.54%
  • Kirk

4 2.45%
  • Hall

1 0.61%
  • Crouch

4 2.45%
  • LRT

41 25.15%
  • Buchanan

63 38.65%
  • Jude Bolton

0 0%
  • Leo Barry

5 3.07%
  • Michael O'Loughlin

1 0.61%
  • Other (Please Specify)

4 2.45%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OK to settle an argument....(Grand Final BOG)

Originally posted by floppinab
    The only poll in recent memory where you could, with some validity, include a ROK option, and it's not there??????????
    Not even the previous week (i.e. Prelim final?)

My recollection was that LRT was best in the first half then solid performances by Bucky and Fossie.

LRT got my vote, however agree with the 2nd and 3rd placers in the tally to date.

Could be swayed either way in the pub! Given the right amount of the brown sleeping pills.

Rod_

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    okay, i have though about it some more and I reckon Magic came pretty close. If he had kicked straighter he would have walked it in.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    In any event, it's now become clear that we were neglectful in our duties by not booing the result relentlessly. Freo supporters have once again shown us the proper way to behave in these circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone that voted for LRT explain why?

I'd vote Fosdike, Buchanon then maybe Hall as Swans best players. Overall a pretty even performance. Judd was probably best on ground.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Can anyone that voted for LRT explain why?

I'd vote Fosdike, Buchanon then maybe Hall as Swans best players. Overall a pretty even performance. Judd was probably best on ground.
    Just watch the first half of the GF again, he was everywhere.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Buchanan and Fosdike in a tie,i can't split them.
    The Future is Bright,The Future is Red And White.

Senior Player
    I voted for Buchanan. However, the most influential player, IMO, to swing the result the Swans way was Staker. He is from NSW...

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    Monty for sure, and I wish people would stop bringing this up. Those idiot Norm Smith medal judges who placed flash, dash and lousy disposal before effectiveness cost me $1400.
    Cost me $1600... I thought I had it in the bag when the siren sounded... Was beside myself when they said Judd...

RE-COUNT!!!!
    Some people say Football is a matter of life and death - I say it's a lot more important than that!

People say LRT was best on ground, when he had a big first quarter (10 possessions?) and didn't do a huge amount after that, yet say that Judd didn't deserve it because his effectiveness was not as high in the second half.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

LRT was a standout in the first half but had a quiet (not bad) game after that.

Buchanan was BOG in the final quarter.

Fosdike was consistent over four quarters.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Originally posted by hammo
    LRT was a standout in the first half but had a quiet (not bad) game after that.

Buchanan was BOG in the final quarter.

Fosdike was consistent over four quarters.
    This is the way I saw it too. Over the course of the whole game Fosdike was BOG followed by LRT. Buchanan had a sensational last quarter and most likely won it for us through a number of crucial plays. Three other vital plays in the last quarter - Hall's team lifting goal, Kirky's mark on the half back line and well you know the other one.

All considered, probably line ball between Fosdike and Monty. I went the latter.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast