Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Maxfield should be appointed to the coaching Panel - Now

On the Rookie List

Smile Stuart Maxfield should be appointed to the coaching Panel - Now

This guy I believe was largely responsible for the Premiership last year and he is being wasted in an administrative position. He has the wherewithall to be an assistant coach to Paul and is quite obviously a great motivator.

The Swans should pick him up before he goes elsewhere.

Who agrees with me?

Re: Stuart Maxfield should be appointed to the coaching Panel - Now

Originally posted by canetoad
    This guy I believe was largely responsible for the Premiership last year
    How?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Actually I think what they have done with Maxfield fits his availability (he does not want to do full time in Sydney) quite well. From what I know he's been in the box at least once this year, and been scouting junior talent in Sydney and Melbourne. He's probably doing a lot more than that as well.
    My guess is the way the Swans are using him now is exactly how he wants it at this point in time.

Re: Re: Stuart Maxfield should be appointed to the coaching Panel - Now

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    How?
    Must be fun living in a world where nobody ever has an impact on anything that happens in their lives.

Re: Re: Re: Stuart Maxfield should be appointed to the coaching Panel - Now

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Must be fun living in a world where nobody ever has an impact on anything that happens in their lives.
    Huh?

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    You're a very brave toad.

Blog Entries
    Put him in charge of managing the long term 'injury' list, for Benny and tose that suffer similar fates.

Maxfield should run for a spot on the board.

I mean, he used to be a great player, so automatically that would make him a great board member and business man

Also, all the members would vote for him without thinking about it.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List BigBadBarryNo1's Avatar
    Maxfield loves the Swans and would go down to his grave fighting for them.

But guys lets not forget why Maxfield's game started stuffing up, leading to his premature retirement... and that's for family reasons, with him having one foot in Melbourne. Unless say, we have an 'alternate' head office in Melbourne (Lakeside maybe ) then I can't see it happening.

But I'll bet your bottom dollar he wants to make every single contribution he can for the Swans, but I just can't see Roosey letting him do that at the expense of sacrificing his family life.

Tough call, but in the end Swans lasts for about 10-12 years. Family lasts a lifetime..

Shed a tear inside for him when we won last year, alongside some of the other injured / down n out players... yep.. even Nicksy, Saddo and those guys..
    Last edited by BigBadBarryNo1; 17th May 2006 at 06:03 AM.
    Fan since 95'. Member since 02'. Big Bad Bustling Barry No1 Swans Mad Fan in a St George Mad Town. Right Colours, Right Code

Originally posted by BigBadBarryNo1
    But guys lets not forget why Maxfield's game started stuffing up, leading to his premature retirement... and that's for family reasons, with him having one foot in Melbourne. Unless say, we have an 'alternate' head office in Melbourne (Lakeside maybe ) then I can't see it happening.
    His game was affected by an injury, you tool.
    Last edited by Sanecow; 22nd May 2006 at 12:06 PM.

On the Rookie List

Maxfield for Coaching Panel

Too much negativity about Stuey. He was largely responsible for the Swans motivation and is widely recognised as the driving force behind the Swans desire to win. Motivators like that with coaching ability are hard to find.

While I am in no doubt that Stuey would be able to recognise a good man, how much better would he be in the roll of getting guys to do what they would normally be incapable of doing.

He is persuasive and wouldnt take no for an answer when asking for the best out of his players.

Swans should place him on the coaching panel.

Re: Maxfield for Coaching Panel

Originally posted by canetoad
    He was largely responsible for the Swans motivation and is widely recognised as the driving force behind the Swans desire to win.
    Really? I haven't seen or heard that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast