View Poll Results: Do you ever tip against the swans in a footy tipping comp?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

8 50.00%
  • I did once but feel guilty about it forever

3 18.75%
  • Yes - I am a turncoat

5 31.25%

Thread: Swans and Footy Tipping

Swans and Footy Tipping

Do you EVER tip against the swans in a footy tipping comp?

I don't. Always tip the swans.
    I will be a member again when I return.

Blog Entries

Re: Swans and Footy Tipping

Originally posted by graystar
    Do you EVER tip against the swans in a footy tipping comp?

I don't. Always tip the swans.
    Yes.

Although I haven't tipped against them yet this year, but I have in the past. It is a bright side to a loss, or an oh well, I'm glad they won.

I've done it twice, against Brisbane when Hall kicked the goal after the siren last year, and against Geelong this year. I have now learned my lesson.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I tip with my head not with my heart, so if that means tipping against the Swans, then so be it. Having said that, if my head can't decide, then my heart has the casting vote.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Only once i have not tipped them and that was against Wet Toast at Subiaco early last season. We were no hope without a ruck division and a few others.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    I long ago decided that heart ruled on one match a week. That and EVERY time I have ever jumped off the boys, they've proven me wrong and won. Every single time! So now I just keep on tipping them, guessing they'll win eventually

If there was a sensible option (eg: Yes - in a tipping comp you pick who you think will win) I would choose that.

How it makes a difference to the team whether you tip or not is absolutely beyond me!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I actually tipped the Doggies to win on Saturday (insert ashamed smiley). Every week I tip one upset and I this was it, stupid Tigers (actually I'm glad they beat the crows).
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Back in the days when I tipped (I don't tip anymore because I find it ruins my enjoyment of games, like when I'd start barracking for Collingwood ONLY BECAUSE I tipped them), I frequently tipped against Sydney.

Tipping is supposed to be about who you think will win, not want to win. Of course if it was a close call, my bias would see me tip the Swans, but I wasn't afraid to tip against us if I genuinely believe the opposition had a much better chance.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by desredandwhite
    Back in the days when I tipped (I don't tip anymore because I find it ruins my enjoyment of games, like when I'd start barracking for Collingwood ONLY BECAUSE I tipped them)
    LOL - exactly the same for me!!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."