38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Ted

26 68.42%
  • Jemima

12 31.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ted Richards, Super Ted or Jemima

Blog Entries
    He played quite well in the 1st qtr against the Tiges in the fwd line. Not sure if that was where he lined up, or just ended up there due to their uber flood.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Originally posted by ScottH
    He played quite well in the 1st qtr against the Tiges in the fwd line. Not sure if that was where he lined up, or just ended up there due to their uber flood.
    Not uber flood, remember they are a Melbourne team, so they were "getting men behind the ball".
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I think you need to measure his success against what he cost us. And thus far he hasn't shown anything to suggest he was worth the 1st round pick we gave up for him.

Interesting to note (and I'm not bagging this trade) that Lynden Dunne who the Dees picked up from the pick we gave them for Jolley looks like he will be a very good player.

I guess the comparison to be made here is that Jolley was a key component of last years premiership team.

Does anyone here think that Ted has the potential to be a key component in 2006?

Originally posted by Will Sangster

Does anyone here think that Ted has the potential to be a key component in 2006?
    A bit part player at best.

He will need to lift his game because sooner or later someone like Dempster will have to come back into the side.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    I want this guy to be good...but am amazed at the some of the overblown assessments...he will never be BB...he will never be other than a an average player, sometimes + sometimes - , never spectacular. Barring a miracle there will always be a fear factor as to what is going to happen when he gets the ball ala LRT, Matthews.
    "Super" Ted or Jemima were poor options...forget the "Super" tag & keep Jemima for the times when the wrong options are taken, or indecision freezes!
    I definitely see him holding Vogels back & want to see Vogels play to gauge the comparison.
    If you want a name it is more like "gentle Ted" than "super Ted".

On the Rookie List
    Think he's got talent, but is best up forward despite his kicking. Is a better forward flanker than a backman - can do some clever things close to goal.

Can only think Roos is playing him back because he wants to give him a game and doesn't have any space up forward. Maybe he'll replace Mickey O up there when he retires, rather than BBB?

Also, he gives off a good vibe - doesn't seem to contravene the "no @@@@head" policy.

Even though we (the RWO jury) is still out on him I'm also sure he's having a great time with us. Think about it - he's getting a regular game, the coach likes him and the team is winning. A bit different from his time at the Bombers.
    lachlanc

I still don't see why we traded the pick for him. He just isn't a KPP player, a tall flanker who doesn't take many marks, doesn't rack up disposals and isn't a great kick either.

Who's Jemima?

Originally posted by Zlatorog
    Who's Jemima?
    You don't have kids do you?

http://www.abc.net.au/children/play/

There's a bear in there, people as well, games to play and stories to tell, open wide, come inside, it's playschool!

http://www.abc.net.au/children/play/home.htm

Let me tell you that this show is to Humphry B Bear what Umberto Eco is to Michael Crichton. Or perhaps Stephanie's (for those who remember) is to McDonalds. Or a more relevant analogy, as Paul Roos is to Grant Thomas.

At risk of exposing my level of sophistication (or lack thereof), I'll also say some of the presenters are pretty rootable too, and I am not referring to Noni Hazlehurst. Big ted is one lucky stuffed toy...

http://www.abc.net.au/children/play/...tors/karen.jpg
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

I def think he is better than Saddo. I reckon he has potential to develop as well.
    I will be a member again when I return.

Originally posted by graystar
    I def think he is better than Saddo. I reckon he has potential to develop as well.
    Lets hope he bulks up in the preseason so he can play KPP.

I remember saying that re Saddo about 60 times.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Still early days, and the coaching staff are busy undoing all of the crap Essendon taught him.

I think he and Vogels are still fairly even, and both provide backup options for players like MOL, LRT and Leo if they go down. Same goes for Bazza's role. Which is just good team management IMO.
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast