Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: sat nite not looking good

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    2:00pm

Steady drizzle.

Yes, we are crap in the wet!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I don't know what the official temperature was but I was wearing three jumpers and another few layers under that, and a scarf, and I was shivering so much that my teeth were chattering.

And thats pretty much the heaviest rain I've seen in Sydney for about 5 years, IMO.

You should have been at Rockbank in Melbourne today, it was 5 degrees with fog.

Shucks I must be a dedicated parent.

and we lost by 13 goals I think.

I didn't find it that cold tonight (maybe because I'd spent the day playing a game of winter comp cricket today), but the rain in the 2nd half was reminiscent of the rain at half-time of the Elimination Final v West Cost in 2004 or the Semi-Final v Adelaide in 1998.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Regular in the Side
    They had a whole week to plan for and practise for wet weather football! What did they do for the week? Or can't they be taught anything new?
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Originally posted by anne
    They had a whole week to plan for and practise for wet weather football! What did they do for the week? Or can't they be taught anything new?
    Thats precisely what I was thinking. It rained on and off all week. The SCG was quite wet before the game, so obviously its been heavy enough over the week to affect the playing surface.

Plus it rains more in the Eastern Suburbs than other parts of Sydney due to being near the coast ... when I was at uni this week it was heavy.

Originally posted by anne

Everyone needs to remember that wet weather footy is very rare these days, now with Telstra Dome it's never wet, and most of Australia has been in a drought.

My son played in the wet for the first time in 4 years a month ago and for the whole game only 3 goals were scored.

So it's all well and good saying they should have played wet weather footy, but when you very rarely experience it it's a different thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345