Thread: Swans/Pies - guess how many tix are left?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Swans/Pies - guess how many tix are left?

Ticketek has advised about 1,000.

No @@@@@. I'm told that sell-out is almost certain.

That means on an 81,500 capacity venue (it's a bit smaller for AFL), you're looking at close to 80,000 at the game this weekend.

At the very least, the magical 72,000 barrier will be busted wide open (assuming Ticketek have their facts right).
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veteran Site Admin

Re: Swans/Pies - guess how many tix are left?

Originally posted by Danzar
    Ticketek has advised about 1,000.

No @@@@@. I'm told that sell-out is almost certain.

That means on an 81,500 capacity venue (it's a bit smaller for AFL), you're looking at close to 80,000 at the game this weekend.

At the very least, the magical 72,000 barrier will be busted wide open (assuming Ticketek have their facts right).
    Bear in mind that about 25,000 of those will be Swans members, so there is no guarantee they will all turn up. I suspect there is something like a 67% turn-up rate at SCG games, judging by the number of empty seats there usually are in the stands.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Good point (forgot about that one).

But I think you'd get a pretty large Swans turn out for this weekend (sure, not 100%). There's alot of hype and for good reason.

I know the reserved section for Pies supporters are sold out. There's a premium section for the Pies which is mostly sold out.

Won't know until the day.

But, it's very heartening to see that it's nearly sold out.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    Wth the way they are travelling combined with the two week break with no footy, I'd expect a huge Magpie following to show up.

Warming the Bench Refried Noodle's Avatar
    I reckon that there are at least another 10,000-20,000 tickets left.

I checked on ticketek and the top tier tickets that are available are stil the front rows of the front sections....assuming they sell from front to back there's still alot left in the top.

I could only get single seats in the bottom section.
    That's the problem with modern day medicine - there's no more natural selection of the species.
    No wonder there's so many Collingwood fans.

Warming the Bench
    I agree with Refried Noodle. There would be about 10,000 tickets left. There is exactly 10.990 seats on Level 6 at Telstra Stadium, and as Refried Noodle stated, they are only up to row 9.
    So only about 2,000 or so have been sold on Level 6 of the Western stand. Only another 9,000 or so to go.
    Telstra stadium members will be seated on Level 4 of the Western stand, and a very small portion on the lower level. Level 4 of the Members holds 4457. So around 5,500 members out of 27,000 expected to turn up.
    The record crowd will be safe for another year.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by jazzamcc
    I agree with Refried Noodle. There would be about 10,000 tickets left. There is exactly 10.990 seats on Level 6 at Telstra Stadium, and as Refried Noodle stated, they are only up to row 9.
    So only about 2,000 or so have been sold on Level 6 of the Western stand. Only another 9,000 or so to go.
    I bought this morning and was put in the "best available seating"... row 31 on level 6.
    - Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing!

Warming the Bench
    Originally posted by motorace_182
    I bought this morning and was put in the "best available seating"... row 31 on level 6.
    What aisle number?? Would be interesting to see whether you are on Eastern or Western side.

Originally posted by jazzamcc
    What aisle number?? Would be interesting to see whether you are on Eastern or Western side.
    Has anyone got tickets on the Eastern top grandstand wing? I have only scene the Western side tkts thus far.
    Swannies for life!

Warming the Bench
    They did have the Eastern side of the ground on Level 6 "open" last week. Last time I checked for Eastern side of the ground, they were only up to row 14 or so, then jumped across to the Western side of the ground.
    I've sat up on level 6 on the Eastern side of the Ground for the 2003 prelim final in aisle 604/605. Not bad view, not too good either. I would hate to be up in Row 47, was bad enough in row 6!! Couldn't see the boundary line closest to us.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought one side was kept for stadium members, the other side sold to the public??