Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Year Members Focus Group

Bandwagon Driver australian_made's Avatar

1st Year Members Focus Group

Just got home from my 1st Year Members Focus Group. I was surprised to learn that 35% of 1st Year Members dont renew for a 2nd.

Overall it was pretty good. A lot of pride for the club in the room

And i finally got to vent some steam over the "collared shirt" issue that annoys me every single week as Im getting ready for the game. Snotty SCG Trust rules!

Has anyone else gone along to these focus groups? What did you think?
    If the siren sounds in Tasmania, and the umpires don't hear it, does it make a sound?

Was there lots of butchers paper ,felt pens and introductory familiarisation activities? Did you divide into groups ,brainstorm and report back to the bigger meeting?

Sorry...I've just about had Professional Development up to here and your term "Focus Group" just set me off......arrrrgh!
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries

Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

Originally posted by australian_made
    Just got home from my 1st Year Members Focus Group. I was surprised to learn that 35% of 1st Year Members dont renew for a 2nd.

Overall it was pretty good. A lot of pride for the club in the room

And i finally got to vent some steam over the "collared shirt" issue that annoys me every single week as Im getting ready for the game. Snotty SCG Trust rules!

Has anyone else gone along to these focus groups? What did you think?
    I admire your courage. To admit that you have not been a member since 1654 on these boards is an amazing achievement. Good to here that the club is making an effort to retain members, and that they may even listed. If you get the collared shirt rule changed, I'll buy you a beer in the Noble stand one day.

LOL

Yes to the brainstorming and reporting back. No to the butchers paper tho (all done on a whiteboard).

It was actually run by the AFL, not the Swans tho.

Looking at the letter they sent me.... on one line they called it "our study on first year members" like it was a topic for a thesis
    If the siren sounds in Tasmania, and the umpires don't hear it, does it make a sound?

Re: Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    I admire your courage. To admit that you have not been a member since 1654 on these boards is an amazing achievement.
    Yeah, well solmeone here doesnt like me! Ive lost 10 hard earned posts since i last logged in!

And that collared shirt is pathetic. You fork out $110 for a guernsey that you have to degrade by wearing a polo shirt undernaeth!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I admire your courage. To admit that you have not been a member since 1654 on these boards is an amazing achievement.
    I have been a member since 1653. Thanks for jumping on, 1654 bandwagoner.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

Yeah, well solmeone here doesnt like me! Ive lost 10 hard earned posts since i last logged in!
    Des cracked a sad at all the anti-Roos hysteria. He sleeps with him. So he wiped 2 weeks worth of posts. Either that or there was some server techo problem that wiped them all out. I prefer to believe the first scenario - and having met Des I can't say anyone would blame Roos.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

And that collared shirt is pathetic. You fork out $110 for a guernsey that you have to degrade by wearing a polo shirt undernaeth!
    Are you telling me that you can`t get into the ground(SCG?), if your not wearing a collared shirt???? NO WAY!!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Soft. I've been a member since Nebuchadnezzar ripped us a new one when the Bombers were still in Babylon...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

Originally posted by PerthSwannie
    Are you telling me that you can`t get into the ground(SCG?), if your not wearing a collared shirt???? NO WAY!!
    YES WAY! well in the SCG Members Reserve (you can wear whatever you want in the General Addmission area). And then to make matters worse, and say you ARE NOT wearing your tuxedo, they wont let you into General Admission with your Members ticket!

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1st Year Members Focus Group

And then to make matters worse, and say you ARE NOT wearing your tuxedo, they wont let you into General Admission with your Members ticket!
    Cripes!! And I thought the Wet Toasters at Subi were snobby!! I get to go into the members (For Wiggles games) area about 5 games a year, thanks to a mate. I even wore my Swannies gear to the Wiggles members bar last week with no probs apart from the usual "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?" every now a again.

There are no shirt checks that I know of!!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

On the Rookie List
    It always amuses me when I have my scarf doubled around my neck......not going to remove it for the whole game.......excuse me sir, have you got a collar under that scarf?....yes I have......Oh just checking.......
    So, be careful if you try to trick 'em with a scarf. They'll be onto you.....hehe.......
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast