Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has the time come?

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar

has the time come?

I personally think Nick Davis will be given the all clear to play against the bombers this week.

Paul Roos was asked by fox footy about Davis & Roos seemed more modest towards davis, i felt like he was saying " Davis isn't too far away"

With magic's form in front of the sticks lately being unforgiving & Bazza struggling slighty I think it's time Nick Davis came to save us. We need to kick goals & his a bloke who can do it.

Thoughts?
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

definitely

surely its gotta be this week roosy
    Roosy = LEGEND

definately not.

On the Rookie List
    Thats what Id like to see, but I dont think it will happen.

On what basis can they put him back in? Last week Roos said he still needed to gain form and fitness. He didn't play this week so how could they promote him next weekend?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    On what basis can they put him back in? Last week Roos said he still needed to gain form and fitness. He didn't play this week so how could they promote him next weekend?
    Suitable matchups is a good excuse, for either ins or outs: "he lines up well in [insert player name]" or "there is no one he lines up well on".

Veteran Site Admin
    They do train during the week. He can clearly demonstrate better fitness at training, and arguably form too, if his intensity is up and he does everything asked of him.

hmm..seriously have no idea. Since the reserves didn't play becuase of the bye, i have no clue. I know for sure Davis is trying to improve his fitness, and i know that he is slowly coming back. From what Roosy has just said...i'm feeling slightly confident he'll be back. and like what liz said, they'd probably have to assess his fitness during the training session.

Originally posted by liz
    They do train during the week. He can clearly demonstrate better fitness at training, and arguably form too, if his intensity is up and he does everything asked of him.
    Sure, but I think it would further undermine everything that has been said so far if they promoted him simply because he trained well.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

to say fairs fair a facts a fact lets give it back .
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veteran Site Admin
    Sure, but I think it would further undermine everything that has been said so far if they promoted him simply because he trained well.
    Disagree. Fitness was one of the main issues. Clearly that can be addressed other than during games. Indeed, it would be addressed mostly out of games.

Adherence to team rules was another. Some off the ground - he can clearly have been addressing these even while not playing. Some were probably on ground too, but it is not really possible for him to address these until he's given another shot.

'Form' is a bit hard to define but he was at least reasonable during the game I saw him play last week. Roos knows what he is capable of, and if he's convinced the coaches he's willing to do all that's asked of him, I don't see why that would be a factor.

I'm not predicting he will come back - but I don't think that his lack of a game this weekend is necessarily an impediment.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    At least one more week out IMO.
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast