Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: Brett Kirk - BOG

  1. #1
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    4,014

    Brett Kirk - BOG

    Hmmm. Interesting.....

  2. #2
    bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    384
    Yeah wouldn't be surprized, thought he had a good game.

    It's amazing how he overcame that knock last week to getting BOG. what a champion!
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

  3. #3
    Leadership Group goswannie14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belmont, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    11,166
    Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
    Yeah wouldn't be surprized, thought he had a good game.

    It's amazing how he overcame that knock last week to getting BOG. what a champion!
    Doesn't everyone need a kick in the head to fire them up at times?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

  4. #4
    I thought Goodes was far superior to Kirk.

  5. #5
    RWO Life Member ROK Lobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Capital Hill
    Posts
    8,658
    Blog Entries
    3
    S P I N. Certainly did not sound like it on the radio, but it is hard to tell. Seemed to get more of it after half time. Burgoyne certainly did not seem to get a lot either and it says here that Kirk stopped him pretty well - they rarely mention the match ups on MMM. Kirk needs to be back near his best for us to do any damage come September - let's hope this is the start of a return to form.

  6. #6
    bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    384
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    Doesn't everyone need a kick in the head to fire them up at times?
    They sure do
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

  7. #7
    Leadership Group goswannie14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belmont, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    11,166
    Originally posted by swannieserin
    I thought Goodes was far superior to Kirk.
    Those who I have spoken to, and the radio/TV have said the same thing, but it is good to have Kirk getting some of the ball. How was his kicking?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

  8. #8
    I didn't think it was anything to write home about. He hit a few targets, but given how many disposals he had that was inevitable.

    Then again, I was a little drunk.

    I really thought out BOG were Goodes, Buchanan, and LRT. LRT wasn't as great as in previous weeks but he took some good marks and applied great defensive pressure.

  9. #9
    Taking Refuge!! NMWBloods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    On a sabbatical
    Posts
    15,819
    I thought Buchanan was B.O.G.

    Kirk was good. Shut down Burgoyne and was able to get a lot of the ball himself. Ball use was far better than most of this year, although not as good as last year yet. Didn't have many tackles so I'm not really sure how he shut down Burgoyne though - it may have just been one of Burgoyne's quiet nights as well.

    I thought Goodes was the most exciting looking player out there, but let himself down with some disappointing mistakes.

    All the key back line guys played well, although it helped that Port were able to get it I50 only 39 times.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

    "[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

  10. #10
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,079
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    S P I N. Certainly did not sound like it on the radio, but it is hard to tell. Seemed to get more of it after half time. Burgoyne certainly did not seem to get a lot either and it says here that Kirk stopped him pretty well - they rarely mention the match ups on MMM. Kirk needs to be back near his best for us to do any damage come September - let's hope this is the start of a return to form.
    After this game have you opened the door ever so slightly for Kirky to creep back into the ROK Green Room.

  11. #11
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,079
    Originally posted by swannieserin
    I didn't think it was anything to write home about. He hit a few targets, but given how many disposals he had that was inevitable.

    Then again, I was a little drunk.

    I really thought out BOG were Goodes, Buchanan, and LRT. LRT wasn't as great as in previous weeks but he took some good marks and applied great defensive pressure.
    The questions begs, did you hit any targets last night given your state of inebria.

  12. #12
    On the Rookie List Jeffers1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Posts
    4,564
    Nup, Buchanan definately B.O.G for mine. Set us up with the ripper first half.

    Kirk was still good though but his disposals are left alot to be desired.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO