Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted Richards (Older thread brought up again)

Originally posted by bandwagon
    Last year - Spriggs? Thought we got him in the PSD...oh dear!

As our drafting of youngsters is generally pretty good with the lower draft picks, perhaps we should take a lot more care with using picks on speculative trades.
    Can't recall how we picked him up, but he was an 'established player' and that's what I was thinking of.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Originally posted by SimonH
    Something is seen as 'speculative' if it doesn't work out. For example, Nick Daffy was 'speculative', Wayne Schwass was trading in a senior player.
    Nick Daffy was what we had to take to get Barry Hall. Plus the Tiges paid his salary.

Stinga was speculative!!
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Nick Daffy was also swapped for Greg Stafford
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

There have been quite a few Super Ted threads this year and it's very amusing to see how some supporters change their tune in such a short time!!
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Can't recall how we picked him up, but he was an 'established player' and that's what I was thinking of.
    Took him in the main draft - after Moore but before James.

Originally posted by Bear
    There have been quite a few Super Ted threads this year and it's very amusing to see how some supporters change their tune in such a short time!!
    When he arrived he was dropping his head, dropping marks and generally adding nothing to the team. At this point, various armchair critics, myself included, commented on him being a woos. He has improved this aspect to his game to the extent that he threw himself into contests with abandon on Saturday night, a la LRT. Now the armchair critics are able to say nice things about him.

Why is that amusing?
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

LOL... so you were right then and right again now. That is what is so amusing!
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Originally posted by Bear
    LOL... so you were right then and right again now. That is what is so amusing!
    Being always right requires flexibility of opinion in light of changing events. Consistency is a sign of being dogmatic.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
    Being always right requires flexibility of opinion in light of changing events. Consistency is a sign of being dogmatic.
    Agreed. At one point in the season he wouldn't have done what he did Saturday night. The one that stuck in my mind was when he dropped a chest mark he should have taken. He didn't drop his head or just stop, he chased the ball, and effected a kick smother immediately after, showed dedication to the cause.

Not to mention his previous weeks efforts of filling the hole in front of some big imposing forwards!

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Ahhh. The Bloods spirit has finally seeped into his veins. Took a while to counter the poisonous effects of the Bomber stuff, but its finally there.

He has been very reliable as the 'loose man in defence' (technically we dont play one). He has been reading the flight really well, and moving off his man to float into the space in front of the leading forwards. And he has definately learnt from Craig B that its worthwhile to put the body on the line in front of that forward.
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

He sure looked wrapt after the match the other night. He really looks like he's settled in nicely. Good on him.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12