Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy not a concern: Kirk

Accuracy not a concern: Kirk

Maybe Brett still has some mild concussion from being kicked in the head.

Even Roos says goalkicking is a concern and that it has cost us games this year.

Poor conversion is unforgivable for professional footballers given that their only job is to kick goals. O'Loughlin should get out of his ice baths more and start practising his set shots.

"No, it's not really a concern," Kirk said of the goalkicking. "Obviously if you lose games because of goalkicking inaccuracy, it's not great. But it's a week-to-week thing. Some days you're on, some days you're not. It's like your form, I suppose, and something we'll work on at training, but it's not a big concern to us at the moment."source
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I have said on here before that I don't think much of Kirk the person (although I admire him as a footballer), this justy reinforces my earlier thoughts on him. A bit of a dill!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Roos doesnt agree: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E19742,00.html

Sydney's inaccuracy drove me crazy on Saturday night. The game should have been over by half time. Its become epidemic, with even star players like MOL, Hall and Goodes missing easy shots.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Blog Entries
    Our first 10 games yielded an average of;

15.8 goals
    11.5 points

57.9% Accuracy for 7 wins.

Our next 7 games yielded an average of;

10.1 goals
    14.6 points

41.0% Accuracy for 3 wins.

We have not kicked more goals than points in these 7 games

So maybe Kirk is right!!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I guess this answers this question then.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with his comments, I think we all know what Kirk is really saying there.

"Screw you, ROK Lobster!"

Last edited by Xie Shan; 31st July 2006 at 01:54 PM.

The forwards seem to have the yips and it's probably out of fear of being dropped for lack of form.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    I have said on here before that I don't think much of Kirk the person (although I admire him as a footballer), this justy reinforces my earlier thoughts on him. A bit of a dill!
    Interesting. He says something similar about yourself, however he thinks that you are a complete dill. BTW shouldn't Michael Leunig be getting just a teensy weensy bit of credit for your signature?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

How could our goal kicking not be a concern? We have kicked more behinds than goals in 10 of 17 games this year.

Last year we did it 7 times (and twice the same).
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    ha that hit must of really affected captain kirk, our goal kicking is the only thing that is wrong at the moment.

I tell ya we would have buried the power by about 80 points if blokes like Hall & Magic could have kicked straighter.

Im sticking to my 100 point flogging to the dons this week, it sounds crazy but it can be done.
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I don't think Kirk is referring to goal kicking accuracy, he is referring to his own kicking game. Accuracy has never been important to him.

"Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Originally posted by snajik
    BTW shouldn't Michael Leunig be getting just a teensy weensy bit of credit for your signature?
    oooops, forgot about that. You've got the calendar too?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

double vodka lemon pls
    sorry Roos and kirk are kidding themselves re accuracy not being important, can someone pls explain to Magic that the middle posts are for 6 points pls....its at the silly stage if you ask me. I said it before and I will say it again, unacceptable to miss kicks from right in front.
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast