Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: Bring on September...

  1. #1

    Bring on September...

    Get rid of Bevan, Richards, Phillips and Schmidt (unlucky), bring in Crouch, Vogels, Davis and Buchanan and we have a team to set up a damn exciting finals venture!!! Top 4 and up!!
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

  2. #2
    Veterans List Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    7,007
    Add Doyle to that list. I think you need 2 good ruckman in those big games to be succesful.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

    Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

  3. #3
    On the rise
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    541
    If purely picking the best 22 players, I'd bring in Buchanan, Crouch, Davis & Doyle (with fingers crossed) for Schmidt, Phillips, Bevan and Richards.

    But I wonder if Grundy might also miss out due to team balance. Davis would take back his spot as 3rd marking target, leaving Grundy as the spare tall to play forward or back. But Richards and Vogels seem to offer more versatility (and experience) for this role.

  4. #4
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,329
    Originally posted by Young Blood

    But I wonder if Grundy might also miss out due to team balance. Davis would take back his spot as 3rd marking target, leaving Grundy as the spare tall to play forward or back. But Richards and Vogels seem to offer more versatility (and experience) for this role.
    I think Roos wants Davis to play more as a midfielder than a pure forward - or at least, to play as a forward in the way that O'Keefe does, which might as well be as a midfielder but still pushing forward to kick goals.

  5. #5
    Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nor-West Jets Football Club
    Posts
    2,509
    Where have all the doomsayers gone now?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

    YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Player Zlatorog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rhodes, NSW
    Posts
    1,748
    Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
    Where have all the doomsayers gone now?
    Don't worry we're still here . Next two games at MCG and SS will tell the tale where we are. In top 4 or dropped to the second half of the 8? Everything is possible. The Swans must keep winning and keep the momentum. There's no time for a breather now, because everybody will step up a notch coming towards September.
    Last edited by Zlatorog; 6th August 2006 at 12:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Taking Refuge!! NMWBloods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    On a sabbatical
    Posts
    15,819
    Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
    Where have all the doomsayers gone now?
    Wins over Essendon, Port and Richmond are hardly the stuff of champions. Let's see how we go against Melbourne and Geelong, and if we can also continue to win the 'easy' ones against Brisbane and Carlton.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

    "[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

  8. #8
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Sydney
    Posts
    445

    Re: Bring on September...

    Originally posted by JudesaGun
    bring in Crouch, Vogels, Davis and Buchanan and we have a team to set up a damn exciting finals venture!!! Top 4 and up!!
    Vogels looked like he was carying an injury. Did anyone else notice him screaming for the bench in the 4th quarter for about 5 mins with no response. It was shocking.

  9. #9

    Re: Re: Bring on September...

    Originally posted by Missy
    Vogels looked like he was carying an injury. Did anyone else notice him screaming for the bench in the 4th quarter for about 5 mins with no response. It was shocking.
    Until we chipped in.

  10. #10
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Sydney
    Posts
    445
    YOU are a mental case!

  11. #11
    Originally posted by Missy
    YOU are a mental case!
    JUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTINNNNNNNNNNN

  12. #12
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    3,995
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Wins over Essendon, Port and Richmond are hardly the stuff of champions. Let's see how we go against Melbourne and Geelong, and if we can also continue to win the 'easy' ones against Brisbane and Carlton.
    Do you have some sort of alert go off when the word "doom" appears in a post?

    Admittedly the opposition hasn't been spesh, but they've been solid convincing wins with little price paid in terms of exertion or injury. You'd take those at this time of year every time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO