Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring on September...

Originally posted by giant
    Do you have some sort of alert go off when the word "doom" appears in a post?

Admittedly the opposition hasn't been spesh, but they've been solid convincing wins with little price paid in terms of exertion or injury. You'd take those at this time of year every time!
    I'd have thought that our 2 point loss, which we all know was a stolen win, was proof that we have the ability to also match it with the better teams in the comp.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Wins over Essendon, Port and Richmond are hardly the stuff of champions. Let's see how we go against Melbourne and Geelong, and if we can also continue to win the 'easy' ones against Brisbane and Carlton.
    True. However, it can categorically be said that losses to any of those three teams would absolutely have been the stuff of also-rans, so we passed that test (thank God!!)

Originally posted by cruiser
    I'd have thought that our 2 point loss, which we all know was a stolen win, was proof that we have the ability to also match it with the better teams in the comp.
    Both of them, if you count St Kilda as one of the better teams in the comp.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    The next two weeks will show how ready we are for September action.

Originally posted by Tuco
    True. However, it can categorically be said that losses to any of those three teams would absolutely have been the stuff of also-rans, so we passed that test (thank God!!)
    Definitely. We're not also-rans, but let's see how far up we are.

Still, last year I don't think a lot of our form in our run to finals was spectacular, but we kept winning and we managed to grind out three wins in finals.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I know a lot of RWOers that will need to be extremely fit.
    They've got a lot of running to do if they are to catch up to a bandwagon that has four weeks headstart on them.

I don't recall anyone saying the West Coast game was a good sign at the time.

Oh come all ye faithful,
    joyful and and triumphant
    Come ye oh come ye
    To the SCG.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
    I know a lot of RWOers that will need to be extremely fit.
    They've got a lot of running to do if they are to catch up to a bandwagon that has four weeks headstart on them.

Pfft... some of us talked about how well placed the Swans were well before that. There was also a thread comparing both the Swans this year to the Swans and Saints last year saying how they came from a similar or worse spot to finish top 4.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
    It wasn't, and it still isn't. We were steamrolled by an outfit that was fitter, hungrier and mentally stronger than us. Since then they have smashed Adelaide and nicely touched up St Kilda. We have cruised to victory against some ordinary opposition. Admittedly all three could have been 'danger' games but they were games that any top 8 side should win. Melbourne are ripe for the picking next week and the Cats will be tough but I do not think we will have any true idea of where we are at until Week 1 of the finals. The team is looking a better unit at the moment and there is some quality to return but the last 4 weeks is harldy anything to get the bandwagon rolling.

The 12 points from the last 4 games is important in terms of getting to September in good shape and in a good position. I do not think that anything I have seen in the last 4 weeks has me rubbing my hands in anticipation with what will happen once September arrives.

We will most likely have to travel to Adelaide or Perth in the first week of the finals. Not an enviable assignment and probably another close game is what will happen, but hopefully this time we will be on the right side of the ledger.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    the Cats will be tough
    Then don't eat them!
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    Then don't eat them!
    But they insist that it is "Mongolian Lamb".

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    But they insist that it is "Mongolian Lamb".
    I thought they were the fried dim sims.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12