Thread: Has anyone read Ray McLean's book?

Has anyone read Ray McLean's book?

Was reading somewhere today (sorry can't remember where or if there is a link) that Ray McLean has worked with St Kilda, Collingwood and Adelaide in regards to leadership and that the reason why it has worked so well with the Swans is that our playing group was the only one to actually put their full trust in the program and committ to it unconditionaly.

Have heard Willo talk about it recently and was shocked to hear how brutal it was when it came to down to ranking your peers on leadership and how they went on the weekend. It even goes to the point where the team sit's down after the game and each member must get up in front of the team and be ranked publicly by everyone.

While it didn't win us the premiership on it's own, from what I have heard and read so far, this program really had a significant impact from taking us from a team that was capable of finishing 4 to 8 and winning a final to a premiership team.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think you're referring to this

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    McLean spoke at the national coaching conference in Jan and seemed to be so switched on - he was of course a very accomplished speaker, but also seemed to have that *thing* that makes you want to sit and listen - I can see him getting good results, but suspect it has to be with the "right" people.

And the book isn't too bad a read either.

Veterans List

Has anyone read Ray McLean's book?

Apparently every footy commentator with a column to fill.

Even scored a cryptic mention from Sheehan on OTC last night.