Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Change to team vs Brisbane

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    O'Keefe probably deserves the 3 but Goodes will get it because his play is very noticeable. Whereas ROK works his butt off around the ground, Goodes's possessions are just simply breathtaking and would attract the umpires' attention.

Originally posted by ugg
    The only reason Mathews played instead of Schmidt or Vogels was that he had to replace the Ablett in the role he was earmarked for - tagging Luke Power.
    Fair point, but if Mathews really needed a run in the reserves, I'm sure we could have covered Power.

We seem overly obsessed with shutting down the opposition. We play most of the game like this when we could have blown them away.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Nothing you've said addresses my query. If Mathews wasn't ready why play him in the seniors? If he was ready to play in the seniors why say he's not ready and name him in the reserves. It makes no sense.
    Mate, it does address your query. You know nothing about the team and the whyfors and whatnots. Neither do I. but I can speculate this... Matthew was brought into the team as a ready made, experienced seniors player to play a role on probably one of the lion's most decorated players. How simple is that??? Beggars belief your line of questioning.

edit: and don't bother trying to extrapulate any more "reasons" for my beliefs from me. That's what I think and you can just live with disagreeing. ok?
    Last edited by Piobaireachd; 27th August 2006 at 12:57 AM.
    An instrument with only 9 notes! Surely it's easy to play? www.coastalscottish.com
    Enjoy the Coastals Experience!

So how did Matthews actually do? Better than Davis?
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Originally posted by ugg
    Mathews to replace Ablett in the role he was earmarked for - tagging Luke Power.
    I thought Benny did a good job.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Fair point, but if Mathews really needed a run in the reserves, I'm sure we could have covered Power.

We seem overly obsessed with shutting down the opposition. We play most of the game like this when we could have blown them away.
    We did blow them away. 50 odd points is nothing to sneeze at in my books. On the other hand some people are just never happy.
    An instrument with only 9 notes! Surely it's easy to play? www.coastalscottish.com

Yes, amazingly Benny is very good at stopping jobs as long as he doesn't have to touch the ball. The inclusion that I was unhappy about was Bevan ahead of Schmidt.

Originally posted by JudesaGun
    So how did Matthews actually do? Better than Davis?
    I think both played their respective roles. Matthews probably addressed his role better, but thats just from the perspective of looking at the whole match and not the individual performances.

Originally posted by ugg
    Yes, amazingly Benny is very good at stopping jobs as long as he doesn't have to touch the ball. The inclusion that I was unhappy about was Bevan ahead of Schmidt.
    Look bevan is a fringe player at best, but at this stage of the year, I don't think schmidt would have offered anymore in terms of short term value. ie looking towards finals.

edit: don't take that "Look" bit as condescending. Iwas in a sighing "yeah I agree with you but" kind of mood.

hell this thread is has got the most out of me in my whole time on RWO. generally I don't feel obliged to share my thoughts
    Last edited by Piobaireachd; 27th August 2006 at 01:05 AM.

If Bevan was there to do a job on someone that it would be understandable. To me it seemed he wasn't assigned to anyone in particular and played mostly in the midfield, a position I think Schmidt would have offered much more.

Originally posted by ugg
    The inclusion that I was unhappy about was Bevan ahead of Schmidt.
    I wasnt,i thought Bevan did a pretty good job last night his best IMO.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

We play most of the game like this when we could have blown them away.
    57 points seems like a 'blowing away' to me...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast