Thread: Excellent Book but What About Ricky?

On the Rookie List

Excellent Book but What About Ricky?

Well having just completed Jim Mains book Shake Down The Thunder I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it certainly it brought back lots of memories and the tissues got another workout. While they interviewed most of the major players involved in Sth Melbournes shift from the Lake Oval to Sydney and the struggle to achieve that ultimate prize there was one person who did not seem to rate a mention, a premiership team does not just happen it involves a clever recruiting policy and a good recruiting officer to carry it out and Ricky Barham deserves plenty of credit.

Just a few examples pick 43 Adam Goodes pick 52 Amon Buchanon pick 60 Adam Schneider all players who played a pivotal role on that last Saturday in September. Also lets not forget the clever snaring of Jason Ball and Craig Bolten and the list goes on, so it was a little disappointing that Ricky Barham did not get a mention his input was vital in something that at times I still find hard to believe has finally happened, but then I pick up my premiership scarf look at it and say yes Ian it is real that dream is now a reality. cheers Ian

I obtained this book weeks before it's release date and only had a quick skim of it. However I have leant to about 3 people who have all raved how good it is. I'm waiting to get it back and read it over summer.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin

Re: Excellent Book but What About Ricky?

Originally posted by ihamilto

Just a few examples pick 43 Adam Goodes pick 52 Amon Buchanon pick 60 Adam Schneider all players who played a pivotal role on that last Saturday in September.
    Don't forget about O'Keefe. This is RWO, after all.

SDTT what a great book so far,its great to look back on the players from the 70's/80's.Theres too much to read not enough pictures
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by swantastic
    SDTT what a great book so far,its great to look back on the players from the 70's/80's.Theres too much to read not enough pictures
    What did you think of Capper's book?

Originally posted by Sanecow
    What did you think of Capper's book?
    Good me and capper same brain power,all pictures no text.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits