Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflection

On the Rookie List

Reflection

Well i think we may have found a very jealous old bloke(Woodsy)....who has recently sat down and reflected the under achievement of st george football club in the mid 80's and early 90's.

The proof is in the pudding buddy...in 25 yrs of, as u call 'Scrambletown' being in the Sydney Football League they have won 7 preimerships. 4 of which under the guidance of ur obvious best mate and idol Russel Matheson.

I know Russel personally and know the genuine bloke he is off the field, from a footballing perspective he was obviously just willing to do watever it takes for premiership glory....something st george obviously lacked during this peroid.

So u can reflect and whinge about how the 87 GF was a disgrace, but mate that how footy was back then hard and tough.
    NICE BLOKES DONT WIN GRAND FINALS!!!!!
    Come On Boys Make A Noise...

Speaking of St George, I was suprised to see the result of their semi-final against Penno. Even though I didn't go to the game, I would have expected a closer encounter, however, it wasn't to be. Just as well Penno didn't go down by 2 points due to a scoring error. One would assume such an event would make front page of the Daily Telegraph.

It was a great win for the Penno indeed.

However, Penno would have been licking their lips when they saw who ran out onto the field.
    A major blow was that three of their main players were unavailable including the state CHF, their centremen and their coach Hally.

The young Crows made a great account of themselves and led at stages in the first half.
    However, imagine Penno with PCarey, Spencer and Barratt??

Gentlemen, remember St George doubled the amount of wins v last season and it was unfortunate they did not have all their cattle at the business end of the season. I still believe they were the only team able to compete with ECE this year but we will never know.

So Ash - you obviously didn't turn up on Saturday if you believe St George are the only team to give it to ECE
    Oh crikey!

On the Rookie List
    i believe the Kangas were in front of East coast at 3 quarter time at Monarch. And it was the only the likes of big Gus that got them over the line.
    Come On Boys Make A Noise...

Originally posted by ash

However, Penno would have been licking their lips when they saw who ran out onto the field.
    A major blow was that three of their main players were unavailable including the state CHF, their centremen and their coach Hally.

The young Crows made a great account of themselves and led at stages in the first half.

Gentlemen, remember St George doubled the amount of wins v last season and it was unfortunate they did not have all their cattle at the business end of the season. I still believe they were the only team able to compete with ECE this year but we will never know.

St George lost on both occasions by 26pts and 40pts respectively. Campbelltown had the better of ECE for 3 quarters and if it wasn't for the heroics of big Gus in the last term, ECE would have had their only loss of the season to date.

Wests only went down to the predicted premiers by 18pts late in the season. I find it rather bewildering for someone to say that St George were the only team to trouble ECE.

Wests v ECE GF

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by TheBlanket
    St George lost on both occasions by 26pts and 40pts respectively. Campbelltown had the better of ECE for 3 quarters and if it wasn't for the heroics of big Gus in the last term, ECE would have had their only loss of the season to date.

Wests only went down to the predicted premiers by 18pts late in the season. I find it rather bewildering for someone to say that St George were the only team to trouble ECE.

Wests v ECE GF

yep wests vs east coast grand final....still syicking with my tips from last week... even though penno had a great game on the weekend never looked like losing that one..

Originally posted by ash

They won 4 1/2 more games than last season with the inclusion of a complete and fairly talented spine of Lowry, Thatcher, Donohue, Kinnard and Dugmore. You can also add Hall, Todd, Rixon, Roe and a couple of fairly talented Rams and young guys who have all played a couple of seasons of senior football.

How would those inclusions of gone in any of the other teams in the competition?
    On The Trail

Penno played like dirty dogs. They even got into the biff when they were winning.

Poor winners. I hope they get thrashed next week!

So Kanga, what happened last year with yourself, Coullupous (best centremen in comp), Parker(state forward) etc last year???

5 games difference.

Nothing personal, the new players only replaced your crew as many you mentioned did not play much this year or were inreserves or 1st division last year.

Kanga, I respect your opinions and understand why they may be personal from your previous posts but the Crows and your team have a similar team in regards to age and experience.

Originally posted by KangaCoach
    They won 4 1/2 more games than last season with the inclusion of a complete and fairly talented spine of Lowry, Thatcher, Donohue, Kinnard and Dugmore. You can also add Hall, Todd, Rixon, Roe and a couple of fairly talented Rams and young guys who have all played a couple of seasons of senior football.

How would those inclusions of gone in any of the other teams in the competition?

swannieserin,

was also there, must have watched a different game. Didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary for what is a contact sport.

Credit has to be given to both St George and Pennant Hills, two young sides, for putting on such a physical and entertaining display. If these two sides can hold onto their juniors they will continue to improve in the coming years, which can only be a good thing for the SFL.

Buddy
    Erin

Stick to the main board. Your rubbish wont be as out of place there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast